Axis Empires: Dai Senso!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Demand Hainan Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Japan played Demand Hainan and blew the die roll. Nationalist China is currently a PAC and it is Pre-War. Kiangsu is a Western Minor Country and Kansu is a Communist Minor Country.

The card states that Nationalist China's Policy ends. I assume this means Kiangsu is at war with Japan. What happens to the other inactive Chinese countries? Do they activate too?

If they activate as Western minor countries, will they automatically be at war with Japan since there is no Nationalist China policy anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are still neutral. The Nationalist China posture only affects Chinese countries that have already been activated as Nationalist Chinese countries.

Those neutral Chinese countries could still go communist! Reference 13.5 to determine which faction they join when they do activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and yes, any other Chinese countries that activate later as Western Allies will automatically be at war with Japan, since there is no PAC in effect for the Nationalist Chinese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I screwed that up. That and the fact that I didn't realize Troop Convoys could also transport units in the Reserve Movement Phase really hosed the Japanese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.