11 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: We have Tanto Cuore. Should we get Dominion as well? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
Hello there.

My sister has recently got a game called Tanto Cuore, and we are looking over the rules and we are liking the gameplay mechanics so far.

We have heard this game plays very similarly to Dominion, so we were wondering if we should get Dominion (a game I was interested in buying one day) if we already have Tanto Cuore?

We are still learning to play Tanto Cuore, but we heard there were some differences between Tanto Cuore and Dominion (base game, at least?).

Is Dominion still a good game to invest in (with a few expansions perhaps)?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks.

-MaryJane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion is a deeper and richer game with more variety and more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
rickert wrote:

Is that base game or with expansions? I heard the expansions can really add or change gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For longevity, expansions are a must and well worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Dominion's entering its second edition, which improves the card set. Dominion's going to be in-print, so just wait for a sale before picking it up. I forgot if Intrigue 2nd edition is a standalone game. Check the reviews. Each Dominion expansion plays differently, so buy the right expansion for your gaming group! Also, the BGG store has some TC promos, although they don't affect gameplay?

Wait. Your sister bought it? Women aren't allowed to enjoy this game. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latina Bunny wrote:
rickert wrote:

Is that base game or with expansions? I heard the expansions can really add or change gameplay.

Buy Dominion Second Edition immediately and experience what the game is all about. Expansions can come later but you will have a blast with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:
Yep. Dominion's entering its second edition, which improves the card set. Dominion's going to be in-print, so just wait for a sale before picking it up. I forgot if Intrigue 2nd edition is a standalone game. Check the reviews. Each Dominion expansion plays differently, so buy the right expansion for your gaming group! Also, the BGG store has some TC promos, although they don't affect gameplay?

Wait. Your sister bought it? Women aren't allowed to enjoy this game. laugh

Oh! I forgot there was a 2nd edition! I'll have to definitely check that out.

Yes, my sister bought it. We like the gameplay mechanics and I do like the concept of hiring staff members (more small-scale than building an entire kingdom/land), so that's why I was thinking we would like Dominiom as well, since TC plays very similarly to it.

My sister is the kind who is kind of immune to fanservice, and is more amused by it than anything else, lol. I'm bothered by the fanservice in anime/manga in general, but TC is more tame of a tame (but still risqué) ecchi than full-blown hentai. I've seen worse and much more risqué content in anime/manga, lol. (It's more the Love cards that truly offends me the most, hehe. I would rather use coins/money to hire staff.)

So, I will be researching and checking out this Dominion 2nd edition, then.

(Minor Edit: TC, not TV, lol!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latina Bunny wrote:

You can play the base game for free at http://dominion.games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
rickert wrote:
Latina Bunny wrote:
rickert wrote:

Buy Dominion Second Edition immediately and experience what the game is all about. Expansions can come later but you will have a blast with it.

Coincidentally, a sale on the Dominion Second Edition Big Box happened to come up, and BGG member Sam and Max was kind enough to inform me about said sale.

I jumped all over that sale, of course, lol. (There were only 2 copies left in stock at CoolStuffInc store, so I snatched a copy online as quick as I could.)

Thanks, y'all!

I know a guy who's a friend of a friend who sometimes play with my group, who has played Dominion, so he's going to teach me how to play it. He said, after I have taught him how to play Tanto Cuore and played a game of TC, that TC plays pretty much like Dominion with a few differences, and he liked both TC and Dominion. So that's good.

I'm going over the rule book before our next gaming session to get a gist on it, but I can't wait to play it (Dominion)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
Whizkid wrote:
Latina Bunny wrote:

Interesting. Does this require a monthly money subscription?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latina Bunny wrote:
Whizkid wrote:
Latina Bunny wrote:

Interesting. Does this require a monthly money subscription?
The base game is free, as is playing games that other people have started.

If you want to start a game with expansions, you'll need to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.