Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom says "close this attraction whenever it has no theme upgrade".
So if you use a Park action and pay 25 coins to put in play, it automatically is closed for no theme?
1) on your next park step you could build a theme on it and it would automatically open?
2) even if you build a theme, it stays closed until you play a card to open it or it opens at the end of the turn as normal?

If it does not open WHEN you play a theme it is REALLY expensive. The 25 plus the theme cost of 12 or more is a huge hit and hard to do especially early. Loans could be done but you lose a lot of points in doing so?
A 4 point attraction that adds +15 to Guest capacity is pretty awesome. And I am sure becomes a big target of other players.

My thought is you need an action to open it or wait until the end of turn when all attractions reopen but I wanted to get a clear answer.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
my guess is that it opens as soon as a theme is added since the condition is an ongoing one (when this condition is met) implying that the penalty ends when the condition is no longer met
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The ________ Kingdom closes anytime it doesn't have a theme, including immediately after it's built.

Once it is closed, any rules it has on it are inactive, so even if it had an "open it again when...." rule, that rule wouldn't be active anyway.

To get the best value, plan to build a theme on it in the same round it is built, and it will at least be open for the next round. You may also find that the pack it eventually comes in has a solution to that problem too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Greig
Australia
Kelso
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are effected by something that lets you build twice in 1 action (say 2 for 1 deal) could you build the Kingdom and the theme in the same action for it to stay open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was what I thought. Looking forward to the new themes.
LOVE the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
aquillo wrote:
If you are effected by something that lets you build twice in 1 action (say 2 for 1 deal) could you build the Kingdom and the theme in the same action for it to stay open?

Sadly, before you made it back with the second build, the Kingdom would be closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plonk a theme and a flagpole on it. Never be afraid of loans. Loans are your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.