The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Waldo Butters' Stunt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I just played my first game (2 players) and I started with Harry and Waldo Butters. According to the card, Waldo's stunt starts face-down. But there was no apparent way to turn it face up, nor did one materialize through the gameplay. Did I miss something in the rules or the text? I feel like I played with a handicap because of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are misreading the card. What it says is that the back side of the card starts the game face-down (not the whole card), allowing you to use the stunt once.

It is, in fact, the exact same text that you have on Harry's stunt card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Lol, I just checked the card. I did misread it. I guess I read it as the card starts face-down (which I interpreted to mean in the "Used" position). It actually says "With THIS SIDE face down". Oh well. My bad ).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason tompsett-ince
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it the same way at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All stunts start face up, with that same text on the opposite side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quasi-related, when I initially thumbed through my game, the only talent I looked at was Michael's, which does start face-down. I was really confused when we finally played, and my Dresden talent was ready to use. That's when I realized that Michael was the exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Michael and Molly's talents are the two exceptions, so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erichv wrote:

So...Charity will be the 3rd exception? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
erichv wrote:

So...Charity will be the 3rd exception? whistle

My general rule for myself is that Characters have to spend a certain minimum amount of time "in the spotlight" to get a character deck, and Charity isn't quite there yet. Another battle on a par with the one in Proven Guilty and I might do it.

The next 4 character decks are already mapped out, but DFCO needs to do well in retail for the trigger to get pulled on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erichv wrote:

The next 4 character decks are already mapped out, but DFCO needs to do well in retail for the trigger to get pulled on them.

I know it is too soon to even think about it, but if another Kickstarter is needed, I will happily throw money at you. Well, I will throw money at the screen really. Well, I will left-click my mouse really really. Not the Dog Mouse also......

Anyway, take my money in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mb
Jamelrha wrote:
erichv wrote:

I know it is too soon to even think about it, but if another Kickstarter is needed, I will happily throw money at you. Well, I will throw money at the screen really. Well, I will left-click my mouse really really. Not the Dog Mouse also......

Anyway, take my money in the future.

And mine too. Please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.