Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Waldo Butters' Stunt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I just played my first game (2 players) and I started with Harry and Waldo Butters. According to the card, Waldo's stunt starts face-down. But there was no apparent way to turn it face up, nor did one materialize through the gameplay. Did I miss something in the rules or the text? I feel like I played with a handicap because of that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are misreading the card. What it says is that the back side of the card starts the game face-down (not the whole card), allowing you to use the stunt once.

It is, in fact, the exact same text that you have on Harry's stunt card.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Lol, I just checked the card. I did misread it. I guess I read it as the card starts face-down (which I interpreted to mean in the "Used" position). It actually says "With THIS SIDE face down". Oh well. My bad ).

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason tompsett-ince
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it the same way at first.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All stunts start face up, with that same text on the opposite side.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quasi-related, when I initially thumbed through my game, the only talent I looked at was Michael's, which does start face-down. I was really confused when we finally played, and my Dresden talent was ready to use. That's when I realized that Michael was the exception.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Michael and Molly's talents are the two exceptions, so far.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erichv wrote:
Yes, Michael and Molly's talents are the two exceptions, so far.


So...Charity will be the 3rd exception? whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
erichv wrote:
Yes, Michael and Molly's talents are the two exceptions, so far.


So...Charity will be the 3rd exception? whistle


My general rule for myself is that Characters have to spend a certain minimum amount of time "in the spotlight" to get a character deck, and Charity isn't quite there yet. Another battle on a par with the one in Proven Guilty and I might do it.

The next 4 character decks are already mapped out, but DFCO needs to do well in retail for the trigger to get pulled on them.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erichv wrote:


The next 4 character decks are already mapped out, but DFCO needs to do well in retail for the trigger to get pulled on them.


I know it is too soon to even think about it, but if another Kickstarter is needed, I will happily throw money at you. Well, I will throw money at the screen really. Well, I will left-click my mouse really really. Not the Dog Mouse also......

Anyway, take my money in the future.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
Avatar
mb
Jamelrha wrote:
erichv wrote:


The next 4 character decks are already mapped out, but DFCO needs to do well in retail for the trigger to get pulled on them.


I know it is too soon to even think about it, but if another Kickstarter is needed, I will happily throw money at you. Well, I will throw money at the screen really. Well, I will left-click my mouse really really. Not the Dog Mouse also......

Anyway, take my money in the future.


And mine too. Please?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.