Hide
6 Posts

Tanto Cuore» Forums » General

Subject: Which expansions should we get? Are all of them good? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
My sister and I are liking the gameplay so far, and we were wondering if the expansion packs are worth getting, and which ones?

Our gameshop seems to have some copies of Oktoberfest, Romantic, and Expanding the House.

(I have a few minor issues with the fanservice and Love cards stuff, but I still like the overall hiring staff theme and the gameplay is good so far, so I can overlook some of the fanservice stuff.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have issues with fanservice, avoid Romantic Vacation, and Oktoberfest to a lesser extent. You'll probably want to stick to the base game and Expanding the House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
Shinako wrote:
If you have issues with fanservice, avoid Romantic Vacation, and Oktoberfest to a lesser extent. You'll probably want to stick to the base game and Expanding the House.

While I am a bit uncomfortable with panty shots and Love cards concept, the cards I've seen are risqué, but not as bad as many anime/manga stuff I have seen.

My sister is the one who's not at all bothered (though she's amused at times) by the fanservice.

I am wondering about the gameplay aspect for my sister: Do the expansions play well together? Do any of them drastically change the original gameplay (or make it too complicated or just a bit complex)? Do they add some variety?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot more gameplay in the expansions. My Wife and I have played with the Ocktoberfest expansion and we found there are many more interested card effects in Oktoberfest than the base game. If you can get past the fanservice I'd definitely recommend the Oktoberfest expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranked in order (on gameplay):
#1: Romantic Vacation
#2: Base Game
#3: Expanding the house
#4: Oktoberfest

Use the randomizer here: http://nekomusume.net/tc/index.iphtml

for even more fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
My sister and I have looked through the rulebooks for the pictures of the cards, and we both agreed that, barring a small handful of risqué ones, the fanservice was pretty tame, and I feel I can tolerate the risqué ones for the most part. (Have to be careful who we play the game around, as we have some religious or more conservative family/friends/neighbors/etc.)

Japanime Games have responded to me through Facebook that they will have news about a male butler version in a few months, I am feeling good about the company, and I decided to buy all of the 3 expansions! cool

yogibbear wrote:
Ranked in order (on gameplay):
#1: Romantic Vacation
#2: Base Game
#3: Expanding the house
#4: Oktoberfest

Use the randomizer here: http://nekomusume.net/tc/index.iphtml

for even more fun!

Ooh! I have to try the randomizer. Thanks for the link!

It seems like all of the expansions have something to offer. Luckily, it was payday and I had some savings, heh. laugh

So, yeah, got all of them, baby! cool I have so much love to give, O guess. kiss

(ETA: I even got the game app! Managed to win against the AI, even though I was still learning the rules and had forgotten some of the meanings of some symbols, lol.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.