Tom
msg tools
Last night my friends and I played a game where one of the Friendship cards I played as a Single was flipped, which led to some confusion because Friendship cards are identical on both sides.

One player suggested I cover it up with another card so that I'd know it's flipped, but I wonder if these Friendship cards are just immune to flipping when played as Singles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
msg tools
Ah that's a weird quirk. The tourney power says it becomes a single, nothing about it becoming unflippable. I'd say you'd just have to mark it as flipped in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, there is a card in one of the coop-decks that is two sided as well. It can be flipped and it is the new card from that point on. So maybe this is intentional (card is flipped, but it doesn't change a thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
msg tools
My counter argument would be that the double sided card in the Boss deck sets the precedence that double sided cards make it exceedingly clear that they are double sided.

Also I think there's a reason only the AI has been allowed a double sided card, and the player hasn't, and hasn't ever even gotten a way to flip a normal card back up. It would lead to really simple infinite combos. Off the top of my head, if the friendship cards were double sided, a Lettstrade player would only need 2 friendship cards and Total Destruction to get an automatic victory via infinite combo, since the 2 friendship cards will flip themselves back and forth forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She would then lose those friendship cards and total destruction to the box due to the infinite loop rule, which would lose those extra VP from them permanently. You wouldn't even get money for them, because they have no sell value.

That being said, I'm inclined to think that once flipped, it is out of play rather than double-sided. There are a lot of other cards that could be problematic as well... any deck box that gives all cards in the tableau an action, for example.

On the other hand, maybe it would make Lettstrade a more viable player choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per Brad in the Exceed Twitch chat today, they are two sided. So they can flip, and activate any flip effects, but afterwards they are still considered face up.

Let the game breaking combos commence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.