Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Smith
United States
Great Barrington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I feel like this has been asked a lot, but is anyone actually playing what came in the box as it is or with the 2nd rules? I bought this at a convention last june and still haven't played once. I know it's not worth anything now. I did assemble all the models and bought some add ons. Started painting a couple. I just want to try it at this point. is it possible to play second edition rules without the changed cards? Is it best to do first addition since i don't have 2nd edt cards? After spending money i just want to try something. So what's everyone doing. Aside from completely changing the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ignore the negative things about the actual game..just download latest rules for the game from their site..and your good to go!...the game itself is good.yes,rules were a bit vague in some areas.but have since been sorted out now.and there wont be much difference in this version and the "newer" one,except quality is higher for the models on this version [ist edition]
ive been playing the game ever since release.and had very few problems with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Smith
United States
Great Barrington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
ignore the negative things about the actual game..just download latest rules for the game from their site..and your good to go!...the game itself is good.yes,rules were a bit vague in some areas.but have since been sorted out now.and there wont be much difference in this version and the "newer" one,except quality is higher for the models on this version [ist edition]

Thanks. So how did you work in the 2.0 rules without having new cards, didnt the card value change? Do you have a reference that you look back at, or keep old card values?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raptork1d wrote:
tootz wrote:

Thanks. So how did you work in the 2.0 rules without having new cards, didnt the card value change? Do you have a reference that you look back at, or keep old card values?
just using the rules not that much difference in the rules they are mainly just explained a bit clearer. so not that much to change..and still use the original card sets..haven't had any problems with them..its always been a matter of common sense in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey mate

After the initial release, alot of people could see the rules were unclear at points or some things very unbalanced.

All changes were made towards clarification and balancing.

You do not "need" the cards, you can always use the Force Index for stats (1 page for all the Faction's minis).

Basic card changes, in a nutshell:
LD is gone
CC Weapon STRENGTH is now a modifier to model's strength (all kept the same total as before, apart from specific models)
Abilities which occure due to a weapon are now clarified more (you can also see it from the Force Index)
All aliens get a special cc extended action: make a normal attack and add 1 extra die which hits on a +1 strength.
All aliens explode on 1-6
Warrior, Royal Guard, Queen, Crusher have been nurfed/buffed.
Warrior Hero (40mm) and Royal Guard Hero "added"
Smart Disc Nurf
Youngbloods Nurf and Equipment Change

If you use the old stat cards, you should check and compare every one of them with the stat line, and definately read the abilities from the rulebook.

Event cards do not have any important changes

Strategy Cards have just been clarified. Tactical Advantage should be played a bit differently:
1. does not count towards limit of cards/turn
2. place it in your discard pile, draw 5 and discard down to 5
3. resuffle discard into deck

So, long story short:
Rules 2.0 (download the WiP rules from avp.prodosgames.com/downloads) combined with the errata found in the official facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AvP.Prodos.Games.Official/fi...) are the way to go.
The seccond edition rules are as Gary pointed out, essentially the same game corrected and balanced.
You have no need for the new cards, you can make the adjustments yourself (if you use stat cards).

So far, judging from the comments, I have seen alot of people stating that they like 2.0. I hope you join the ranks arrrh .

Cheers,
K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game several times. The 2.0 rules just clean up the 1.0 rules. They are not drastically different. 2.0 flows better and quicker.
Im still enjoying the game very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Smith
United States
Great Barrington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the informative reply, can't wait to finish reading and painting and get into the game.

GenChron wrote:
Hey mate

After the initial release, alot of people could see the rules were unclear at points or some things very unbalanced.

All changes were made towards clarification and balancing.

You do not "need" the cards, you can always use the Force Index for stats (1 page for all the Faction's minis).

Basic card changes, in a nutshell:
LD is gone
CC Weapon STRENGTH is now a modifier to model's strength (all kept the same total as before, apart from specific models)
Abilities which occure due to a weapon are now clarified more (you can also see it from the Force Index)
All aliens get a special cc extended action: make a normal attack and add 1 extra die which hits on a +1 strength.
All aliens explode on 1-6
Warrior, Royal Guard, Queen, Crusher have been nurfed/buffed.
Warrior Hero (40mm) and Royal Guard Hero "added"
Smart Disc Nurf
Youngbloods Nurf and Equipment Change

If you use the old stat cards, you should check and compare every one of them with the stat line, and definately read the abilities from the rulebook.

Event cards do not have any important changes

Strategy Cards have just been clarified. Tactical Advantage should be played a bit differently:
1. does not count towards limit of cards/turn
2. place it in your discard pile, draw 5 and discard down to 5
3. resuffle discard into deck

So, long story short:
Rules 2.0 (download the WiP rules from avp.prodosgames.com/downloads) combined with the errata found in the official facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AvP.Prodos.Games.Official/fi...) are the way to go.
The seccond edition rules are as Gary pointed out, essentially the same game corrected and balanced.
You have no need for the new cards, you can make the adjustments yourself (if you use stat cards).

So far, judging from the comments, I have seen alot of people stating that they like 2.0. I hope you join the ranks arrrh .

Cheers,
K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.