When playing with 2 do you use 2 characters each or just stay with 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play 4 investigators, regardless of the number of individuals around the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd prefer to play 2 investigators each in that case, but 1 each still works.

The game is best balanced with 4 investigators, but it works fine with 3-6 and OK with 2 IMO. I've even played with 8 and it wasn't awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
I'd prefer to play 2 investigators each in that case, but 1 each still works.

The game is best balanced with 4 investigators, but it works fine with 3-6 and OK with 2 IMO. I've even played with 8 and it wasn't awful.

Love it two-player x 4 investigators--very little down time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have never played with anything other than 2 investigators (1 each) and it works just fine. Win or lose, most games generally come down to the wire. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the few games of this kind where I tend to go 1 char per player (by comparison, Arkham Horror I go four always). Fewer is always easier (insta-win at 0 !), as trophies and items pile up on one character, you'll have a surplus of stuff very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this one mostly with my wife, and we use one investigator each. Contrary to Eldritch Horror, where we use two each meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.