3 Posts

Lords of Scotland» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elbowface
msg tools
publisher

I've been toying with the idea of solitaire rules for this game and here's what I've come up with:

Setup
Deal out a five-card hand for yourself, a standard row of five Recruits, and two supporters, as if you're about to play a two-player game .

Then for the "opponent" you'll be playing against, deal cards and place them face-up in a row. You'll continue dealing out cards until one of these two things happens: you've dealt the second card from a clan for the third time or you've dealt out ten cards, then deal them one card last card face down. Your "opponent" will end up with seven to eleven cards.

Gameplay
You'll play five-turn skirmishes as usual, trying to get the strength of your army above that of the opponent's.

Your turns will look quite similar to a standard game. You're either playing a card to your followers and activating powers accordingly or you're drawing a card.

After each turn reveal a recruit, the same as you normally would.

At the end of the skirmish the larger army claims the higher value supporter.

Power Activation
Use the power activation rule from the 4/5 player version (the power activates if it is lower than another visible follower of the same clan).

The opponent does not use any powers.

End of Game
To win you must reach 40 points before your opponent, same as a standard game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Elbowface wrote:

then deal them one card last card face down. Your "opponent" will end up with seven to eleven cards.

Hello and thanks for this variant solo.
Before I begin to play, can you explain me usecase of this last card face down.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elbowface
msg tools
publisher
My thinking for leaving the last card flipped was to build some variability into your knowledge of the opponent's strength, the same way you have when a real opponent plays a follower face down.

Hope that clarifies it. Thanks for checking out my variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.