Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that both of these are only 2 Turns long.

Curious if either of them feel satisfying and like they have some meat on their bones, or do they feel more like quick, introductory type experiences?

Sincerely,
A Guy with One Small Table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find them satisfying. Real meat you find in 2-mappers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the game and played State Farm 79 (2.3), in roughly 90 min for the very first play (f-2-f).

While I can see that the big 2-maps is the real dish here, the scenario has been quite fun to play, action begins almost immediately with the german move+exploit, where to commit, how to lay down the ZOC webs, how to position barrage units properly... it's all very open and very (very!) mobile.

Plus, given the wondeful idea of the chit-pulling system to SCS, in that scenario the germans have only 3 working chits (of the 2 left, one being the non-11pz div - quite useless here - and the other one is the dummy, so there are effectively 2 dummies).

So being able to phase 2 times on turn #1 (one mandatory + one non-dummy chit), and 3 times on turn #2 (three chits out of five), for the germans there are quite interesting choices and tempo here, while the russians have the chance of Air Support barrage and the L1 Village terrain combat bonus in the victory hexes to defend...

Even for a very small engagement like this, there's plenty to like in my book Now I'm looking forward to play the other scenarios!

I feel it's going to be my fav SCS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.