Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Vengeance» Forums » General

Subject: Still. On the fence... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me out with this one. I had previously backed Run, Fight, or Die! with an all in pledge that was a bit over $100. As I thought, it is a good game, but more of a dice chucking filler. Something I would much prefer to have paid no more than $50 on it. But yes, bling (miniatures) can make any game, regardless of weight class, expensive.

So I have been eyeing Vengeance. Again, it looks solid enough, I love the revenge movie genre and I like the refining I have read about in the updates. But as a dice chucking game, I am now concerned that I will again be paying a $100 for a light weight game because of the miniatures.

One of the questions I have is what comes in the base box versus the stretch goals. I understand that the KS exclusives are just that. But what about the other stuff? Their are non KS exclusive minion miniatures and heroes, cards, solo mode and extra gang dens. Basically the equivalent of an expansion pack. Will they be sold in the retail game box? Or would they be sold separately?

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but how did they tweak the gameplay? Did they make this game less multiplayer solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what the saboteurs are meant to do, but they haven't released the rules yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was on the fence right up until the pledge manager ran out. I didn't end up backing. I wasn't entirely sure about the game itself, and I got burned backing his previous game Posthuman, which was a huge turd. Too many Kickstarter exclusive supplementary content killed this in the end for me though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
I was on the fence right up until the pledge manager ran out. I didn't end up backing. I wasn't entirely sure about the game itself, and I got burned backing his previous game Posthuman, which was a huge turd. Too many Kickstarter exclusive supplementary content killed this in the end for me though.

I enjoy Post Human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

Posthuman is one of my top three games of all time. Different people have different likes. If you're going to be so offensive at least give a good reason why!

The length might not be for everyone, and the combat takes some getting used to - although it's really cool when you do - but I can't see how you can call it a "turd".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.