Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lindén
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lando and Obi Wan have an action card called Undercover which is triggered when the opponent attempts a mission in a system and allows the leader to move to that system. At first my reading of this I thought the purpose of it was the opportunity to send an additional leader to oppose the mission attempted. But then I realized that if there is a fleet in Obi Wan's/Lando's original system then that fleet is now free to move again!? I assume this is allowed, although it does seem strange that the side effect is stronger than the actual use of the card. To my knowledge there is no other way to move a fleet more than once during a game round. Or is there?

Are there other uses of the Undercover card that I have overlooked? Can it be used to move a captured leader? I assume not since the rules say captured leaders cannot be moved and I don't see why this card would override that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

Apart from being one of the only ways in the game to move a fleet more then once per turn*, you also get to use the character twice, in two different regions.

Captured leaders can be moved... but not with this card. Just treat them like ground troops that weigh '0' instead of '1'

I hope that's clear enough

* I guess if Luke kills off Vader or Palpatine, the Empire could move that fleet again in that turn. Same for when Obi-wan sacrifices himself. And the third that I can think off is ' ready for action ' by Veers? But not sure if he is moved from anywhere or from the leaderpool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:
. Same for when Obi-wan sacrifices himself.

He wouldn't even need to sacrifice himself. Just being captured would be enough, assuming no other uncaptured rebel leaders are in the system. Captured leaders do not lock units down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Alandor wrote:
To my knowledge there is no other way to move a fleet more than once during a game round. Or is there?

There are six ways (that I can think of) in which you can get an additional move in a game round:
- retreat,
- capture (either standard or Boba Fett's mission),
- Undercover action card,
- elimination (Return of the Jedi objective),
- Plan the Attack mission card,
- Hidden Fleet mission card.

Not all of them are methods that you can reliably count on, of course. All of them have their limitations or are highly situational, e.g. the last two require you to move unit(s) to Rebel base first and then move them with the mission.

Even Undercover has a surefire counter - if Empire does not reveal any missions or reveal them only in Lando's/Ben's system...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
I believe the kids call this particular maneuver the "Calrissian Shuffle" even though Ben could also do it (just not if the empire did a spec ops mission.)

I actually managed to pull it off a couple days ago to attack an under defended system and rescue a captured leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.