Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Question about playing by e-mail / help me think! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

Friend of mine also has this game, and I'v been thinking about us playing per e-mail. Sort of like the PBEM action but without a third to act as moderator. Here's what I'v though of so far :

Both players use their own mission decks, do their own rolls, use their own battle card decks. Obviously we rely on each other's honesty.

The only game changer would be us using two decks of combat cards, but then again the impact of that really is nothing.

Now the only problem, so to say, is the base locations and probe card system.

The only way to deal with this would be to let the rebel player control the probe cards, but then the rebel player actually has some advantage.

If there any way around this without including a third party?

I guess if the rebel player would just ' give ' the probe cards and not take note of them, after a few turns one would probably not know the cards anymore, and hence any advantage would be nullified most of the time, but still, if anyone sees a way around this, would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop simulator has a great mod for swr.

Granted it costs money

I dont know how far you live from each other, but you could meet and setup the probe deck once, and everytime when you move the base

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Tabletop Simulator is also sometimes available at half price on humblebundle.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the Vassal module to play by email. I have played 4 games this way.

You do need to rely on the honesty of the other player when it comes to die rolls, but it keeps the cards hidden from the other player if you draw them.

It is great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.