Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it one per marine attack, or one per eligible soldier per marine attack?
We know that activities can only be activated once per timing window, we know that a single soldier can't respond twice to the same trigger, but I wasn't sure whether the 'activity' was per figure or not.

I've seen some conflicting answers on the forums, and no FAQ yet on the support site, hoping to lock down the answer here.

Corollary: Magnum Shot has basically the same wording as Overwatch - can two marines fire Magnum shot after a single demon activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have two argent, and two possessed soldiers, they can both respond to a single marine's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yostage wrote:
We know that activities can only be activated once per timing window, we know that a single soldier can't respond twice to the same trigger, but I wasn't sure whether the 'activity' was per figure or not.

What TheGelatinousCube said. To support their claim, notice that the Demon Card describes each figure:

RR, page 7, Demon wrote:
All demons of the same type share a demon card, which shows the attributes and abilities of each demon of that type.

Yostage wrote:
I've seen some conflicting answers on the forums, ...

In my not-too-humble opinion, rules answers should by default cite their sources (ie. the rulebook and other rules authoratities). This should clear the most glaring conflictions in rules answers. Of course, if two properly cited replies are in conflict, that's a more interesting scenario

Yostage wrote:
Corollary: Magnum Shot has basically the same wording as Overwatch - can two marines fire Magnum shot after a single demon activation?

I agree with your interpretation. If two identical demon figures are separate entities and therefore should be able to use their identical abilities in response to the same trigger, why shouldn't that apply to two identical cards in the hands of two different marines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Vandepoel
Belgium
Hombeek
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Also in the same categorie.
Suppose i use that demon card "blast" -something with my possessed soldier.
The PS has the ability (or the demonic precisioncard?) to reroll 1 die when attacking. If he didnt use that reroll for his normal attack, could he use it for the splash damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that's given me pause is this response (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24576290#24576290) where Jonathan says "So each time a marine attack resolves you can perform one overwatch attack. " and then says PS (either) as opposed to PS (both).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Vandepoel
Belgium
Hombeek
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
TheGelatinousCube wrote:
If you have two argent, and two possessed soldiers, they can both respond to a single marine's attack.

-not true-

According to jonathan you can only do 1 overwatch/resolved marine attack, even if you have 4 PS in LoS with infinite argent, glad that has cleared up.
Click the link, he explaines it there.

Good catch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d eastes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Rules reference, page 2, underneath abilities states:

-Players cannot use the same ability more than once at the same time.
-The invader cannot spend multiple argent power tokens to use the same ability more than once during a single attack.

So each time the marine shoots, you can only use Overwatch once, but you can use it every time he makes another attack as long as you have the argent to do so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, my mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent to FFG rules questions box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toba Fett
Canada
flag msg tools
Yostage wrote:
Sent to FFG rules questions box.

Did they get back to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm not seeing anything in my inbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.