Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Riel
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to some early comments on the kickstarter page, the game will come with Randomizer cards.

Is there any reason to ise the Epic Add-On instead of simply using the Randomizer cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I was actually thinking the same. I assume randomizer cards are gray scaled and it might be the "issue" for some. But I think the bigger issue is that heroes randomizers don't consist of multiple level of heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu understanding is that it is just an issue of having everything organized at once. Otherwise pulling cards to make the epic decks means you need to re-sort them to play normal quest-style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Riel
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand why the epic addon is being offered.

My question is, if it is just one copy of each card used to play, and randomizer cards are just one copy of each card used to choose the cards for the games.... what is the benefit of one over the other? Since they are both, basically, a seperate deck of cards with one copy of each card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimothyDRiel wrote:

My question is, if it is just one copy of each card used to play, and randomizer cards are just one copy of each card used to choose the cards for the games.... what is the benefit of one over the other? Since they are both, basically, a seperate deck of cards with one copy of each card...

the randomizer cards may not have stats on them, just art and name
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Riel
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
TimothyDRiel wrote:

That would do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimothyDRiel wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
TimothyDRiel wrote:

That would do it.

In tda they were exactly the same, except they said randomizer (like a watermark) on the front, and it also says randomizer on the back.

The later will be problematic in terms of mixing the villege and hero cards.

Also monster groups have 1 randomizer, buut multiple different cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Bélanger
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still think they could add the stat to the randomizer and add the missing card (multi level hero and some for monster). It would also allow them to include epic card in future quest/expansion...
Missed opportunity if you ask me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ictak wrote:
Still think they could add the stat to the randomizer and add the missing card (multi level hero and some for monster). It would also allow them to include epic card in future quest/expansion...
Missed opportunity if you ask me

If even 1 person pays the $30 for those extra cards it is worth it, AEG have shown that they are most concerned about making the few quick bucks rather than appeasing their fans.

But perhaps this is for a different discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.