Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a self-identifying spudkin, I started us out with a saying close to my heart:

Reish Galuta
Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate.

Jpwoo brilliantly shows us how one potates.

It is unclear if Csigs was influenced by the other Mr. Peanut threads, or if we influenced that thread, but here he is and you better get used to it, because you can't get rid of him. At least he's throwing potato chips.
Mr. Peanut has strewn the potato chips all over the table, and that has made everyone else very cross.

Cringing Dragon's peanut is blissfully unaware of all this hate.

BaSL continues our progression of modifying snack foods.
Peanut tried everything, but even throwing Doritos around didn't get the party started.

sunkedcheerio's peanut is getting more excited, but apathy is starting to set in from the crowd.

Gee Whiz thinks our peanut is excited for other reasons
In an act of desperation Mr. Peanut did an impromptu striptease, ripping off his clothing made of Doritos, but, alas, nothing could save this sad party.

wizcreations draws the best damn stripping Mr. Peanut I've ever seen. I mean look at those jiggling nuts inside.

Drew1365 brings economic reality crashing down on us
Hiring Mr. Peanut as a stripper was a bad business decision.

kuhrusty actually asked permission from his friendly local strip club to hang a sign and take this undoctored photo

purplewurple lets us know not enough people feel like a nut.
The Exotic Dance Gentlemen's Club's bold idea to hire exotic gentleman Mr. Peanut as a dancer sadly backfired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the potato sunglasses btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This chain is made infinitely better by your commentary. But the sentences and drawings are great too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Most excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh we did well with that one
Another where none of the original concepts survived (although there's some hate for Mr. Peanut disrobing I suppose).

Everyone else did really well on the drawing - jpwoo I have no idea how I could have drawn "potatoes gonna potate", but you did it brilliantly.

Kudos to kuhrusty for the effort involved to take that photo. Very well done.

It's hard to beat wizcreation's stripping peanut for sheer genius, though.

Sunkencheerio - is your peanut imagining being an ant, or dreaming of picnic baskets, by any chance?

But I have to ask...
The sentence for my drawing in this thread was my first encounter with Mr. Peanut, although my earlier drawing of bacteria was falsely interpreted to contain him. Is he an EPYC meme, or a U.S. thing? Same question for the California Walnuts Raisins, apparently. You can buy Californian walnuts here, which is probably why I got confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Peanut is an iconic advertising character for the Planters Nut co. He's been around for 100 years, but is probably best known in America. As far as I know he is nothing more than a logo--not really a character with a narrative.

The California Raisins were originally created for an ad for... wait for it... Raisins. But the popularity of the TV commercial spun into a creepy and undying brand of TV shows and garbagey toys. I think the ads put Vinton studios on the map, which became Laika and continues to make amazing stop motion animation movies here in Hipster Heaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee Whiz wrote:
Mr. Peanut is an iconic advertising character for the Planters Nut co. He's been around for 100 years, but is probably best known in America. As far as I know he is nothing more than a logo--not really a character with a narrative.

The California Raisins were originally created for an ad for... wait for it... Raisins. But the popularity of the TV commercial spun into a creepy and undying brand of TV shows and garbagey toys. I think the ads put Vinton studios on the map, which became Laika and continues to make amazing stop motion animation movies here in Hipster Heaven.

Thank you!
I knew I was missing something, I just didn't know what. I've never encountered either of those brands, although I have heard of Planters Nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:

Sunkencheerio - is your peanut imagining being an ant, or dreaming of picnic baskets, by any chance?

Yeah, maybe he is channeling his inner ant who is upset at the empty Dorito bag.

As for Mr. Peanut, I'm afraid that I will never be able to look at him the same way now that I've seen his nuts! whistle

Kuhrusty, did you really contact that strip club and ask to hang the sign up? I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear that conversation. laugh
I like how you made it look weathered. Very nice!

Great job everyone! This thread made me laugh so much that my dog gave me a dirty look and left the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip Top is a brand of bread here. With the jingle "Good on ya Mum, Tip Top's the one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
As for Mr. Peanut, I'm afraid that I will never be able to look at him the same way now that I've seen his nuts!

You're welcome for that whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
Kuhrusty, did you really contact that strip club and ask to hang the sign up?

Uhhh... well... certain elements, uhh, may have been added, uhh, digitally.

But I really did go there & take a bunch of photos.

(The "STORE CLOSED" banner is placed where it is to cover the bit on the door which says "TIP TOP RV SALES." Apparently, for zoning purposes or something, on paper the place is an RV dealership instead of a strip club. I figured that would distract from what I needed to communicate with the image, though.)

(I toyed with the idea of replacing the improbably-proportioned woman with Mr. Peanut, but I figured that would make hard to tell it was a strip club!)

sunkencheerio wrote:
This thread made me laugh so much that my dog gave me a dirty look and left the room.

That, really, is how we should determine the success or failure of each chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.