Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac already has a huge success on his hands with Gloomhaven, and I can't wait to get Founders of Gloomhaven as well.

But I figured that if he wanted to, he could be set for a long time if, besides the obvious Gloomhaven expansion potential, he did similar style games in other genre's such as post apocalyptic, or space marine, or superhero. There could be a lot of ways to approach it and making enough differences between them to make them all interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It remains to be seen how many people will play five different 200-hour games. I'm not sure it's five times as many as will play a single 200-hour game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
It remains to be seen how many people will play five different 200-hour games. I'm not sure it's five times as many as will play a single 200-hour game.

They don't have to play 5 200 hr games. They just need to buy 5 200 hour games. I think the bigger picture is that this system should evolve to spawn tons of expansions, off shoots, and even upgrades. Mainly I see 20+ scenario expansions with new items, tiles, and characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynalange129 wrote:
They don't have to play 5 200 hr games. They just need to buy 5 200 hour games.

Well, I think it's even more unlikely that a huge business is going to develop of selling people games they won't play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but they could certainly be shorter versions as well, not necessarily as substantial as Gloomhaven.

It could be cool to have a superhero version where players are playing as up and coming villains trying to make a name for themselves. Instead of summons, certain characters could bring henchmen. Enemies could be cops, vigilantes, lower and higher level heroes etc.

Could also have players be superheroes just starting out and obviously fighting crime and gaining reputation. Their retirement point would basically mean they graduate to the big leagues of superhero status and have bigger fish to fry.

But anyway, I think there can be other iterations of this style game. Maybe not as lengthy, but still have some meat to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.