Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expected this expansion to be released for Revised edition already, but it's nowhere to be seen.

Anyone heard anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it even been officially announced yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest I've read is that it won't be released until 2018 earliest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:

True.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
MisterG wrote:

True.

Any update on the possible release date for the revised FotM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard a peep. My opinion, just get yourself a copy of the original version; it'll do you just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Haven't heard a peep. My opinion, just get yourself a copy of the original version; it'll do you just fine.

If the card text would fit the revised edition, then maybe, but atm it's quite bad.

Moreover there was some official talk about playtesting, so I'm gonna hold out a little bit longer and hope for the best. I don't think such grand franchise would be left alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
kmd2000 wrote:
MisterG wrote:

If the card text would fit the revised edition, then maybe, but atm it's quite bad.

Moreover there was some official talk about playtesting, so I'm gonna hold out a little bit longer and hope for the best. I don't think such grand franchise would be left alone.

Points taken, and yet...

I've played a fair number of "FotM" sessions with the revised version of the game, and have yet to encounter any significant problems with the card text. The situation really isn't that bad, more cosmetic than anything.

Playtesting? Unless there's some serious revamping of the actual rules for the expansion, which I am betting there won't be, the only playtesting necessary would be for whatever "FotM" cards are being revised, which in and of itself has little if anything to do with the compatibility of the expansion with the revised base game.

I swear to you that the revised game and the OG "FotM" expansion get along with each other quite well. Do not let your misgivings hold you back, particularly if you can find a copy of "FotM" at a decent price.*

*Admittedly, I have no real clue what your situation is like in Poland, as far as "decent" goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:
MisterG wrote:

Points taken, and yet...

I've played a fair number of "FotM" sessions with the revised version of the game, and have yet to encounter any significant problems with the card text. The situation really isn't that bad, more cosmetic than anything.

Playtesting? Unless there's some serious revamping of the actual rules for the expansion, which I am betting there won't be, the only playtesting necessary would be for whatever "FotM" cards are being revised, which in and of itself has little if anything to do with the compatibility of the expansion with the revised base game.

I swear to you that the revised game and the OG "FotM" expansion get along with each other quite well. Do not let your misgivings hold you back, particularly if you can find a copy of "FotM" at a decent price.*

*Admittedly, I have no real clue what your situation is like in Poland, as far as "decent" goes.

I'll certainly give it some thought - what you wrote is quite encouraging.
The reason for my caution is the fact I'm concerned with my playgroup getting confused by the cards. Perhaps I should get my hands on FotM card text and see for myself.

As for situation in Poland - there is abundance of every possible version of Agricola, so it's a non-issue ; )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Wolf
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
MisterG wrote:

True.

Essen 2018 or is there a chance of an Essen 2017 announcement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.