paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tried to rub off my printing error by using a slightly damp cloth and instead (to my horror) removed the surrounding background color.I unfortunately took the advice of another member. He had success(using his finger) because it was probably a grease stain or just some dirt.
Now my board looks horrible and will definitely need a replacement. The line remains untouched! Play it safe, leave it alone and get it replaced.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
What were the print line errors and has other people had the same problems? Sorry to hear about your board. Can imagine how you feel
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears that many people have this problem of lines running through various parts of the map. Some are fine and some are a bit more pronounced. Some are also indented. Others have smudge marks or grease / dirt stains that one person said he removed with his finger. Mine was a part of the print process. See pic below...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Yes I just saw the other posts now. Very sorry to hear about your board. I hope you will get a replacement. Might just be an isolated batch but there does seeem about 5 or 6 people with the same issue. Mine should be arriving in the U.K. Next week. Keeping fingers crossed....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
johnrp wrote:
Yes I just saw the other posts now. Very sorry to hear about your board. I hope you will get a replacement. Might just be an isolated batch but there does seeem about 5 or 6 people with the same issue. Mine should be arriving in the U.K. Next week. Keeping fingers crossed....


The company has been great in the past about replacement of damaged components.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Moyle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you do get the board replaced by Ares, let me know if you would like to find a good home for the slightly damaged board I have the 2nd version but would love the large map!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think they would replace both sides of the board unless they are matched pairs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Let us know how you get on with ares getting a replacement. Hopefully as they sold the board as a separate package they have more of these for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
johnrp wrote:
Let us know how you get on with ares getting a replacement. Hopefully as they sold the board as a separate package they have more of these for you.

Good News!
Ares did respond to me and others on there Face Book page. They said that the components can either be replaced or you can get a credit. Your choice.
I of course want a replacement.
I'm in contact with their representative and hope to here from them Monday.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha. You're blaming ME because you changed "used my finger" to "use a wet cloth"? How is that at all my fault? Mine was also not a "grease stain" it was a thin black line that looked similar to a pencil mark, which is what a lot of people were describing as present on their board. It looked exactly like your picture.

But nice trying to put the blame on someone else. Why would you ever try to use a wet cloth on a board like this? That screw up is all on you, buddy. Leave me out of it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Hahaha. You're blaming ME because you changed "used my finger" to "use a wet cloth"? How is that at all my fault? Mine was also not a "grease stain" it was a thin black line that looked similar to a pencil mark, which is what a lot of people were describing as present on their board. It looked exactly like your picture.

But nice trying to put the blame on someone else. Why would you ever try to use a wet cloth on a board like this? That screw up is all on you, buddy. Leave me out of it.

It didn't sound to me like they were blaming you. Granted, a damp cloth isn't a good idea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Hahaha. You're blaming ME because you changed "used my finger" to "use a wet cloth"? How is that at all my fault? Mine was also not a "grease stain" it was a thin black line that looked similar to a pencil mark, which is what a lot of people were describing as present on their board. It looked exactly like your picture.

But nice trying to put the blame on someone else. Why would you ever try to use a wet cloth on a board like this? That screw up is all on you, buddy. Leave me out of it.


Not blaming you but YOU insisted that all I needed to do was to just wipe it away. You did not think that any other situation was possible. Take a xanax dude! I realize it was my fault for rubbing to hard. Shown below is what you said!

"I mean, the black marks can just be rubbed off. Not sure that requires an explanation?"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That was a mark of Sauron.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spike K
msg tools
I got a reply saying they will replace the board after all shipments for the game are done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.