Subject: a couple of general questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Holy Speed Blessing. Can you cast it outside combat? The rules state that you can perform sermons outside combat as long as they make sense. Giving a hero a higher initiative simply changes the order in which the heroes take their turns. So, can you cast that each turn?

2. The Cleansing Fire Judgement: they must form a single adjacent chain. I guess diagonally connections work too? And I assume they only last for one turn, right?

3. If you have armor or spirit armor, you can first roll your normal defense / willpower rolles, and then the armor / spirit ones, if you might still get damage, right?

4. If you have 4 corruption points, and you suffer six corruption damage, then you mutate at least twice instantly, right?

5. I read somewhere that you can give grit to another hero. Is that really possible?

6. Are the missions roughly equal in matters of difficulty? So that you can play basically any mission with new characters equally well?

7. Can one hero give his dark stones to another one?

Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3, 4, 7: That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael NA
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. I don't have the rules in front of me, but from your description I'd say yes, however unless you are doing a pure buffing priest you don't need to find ways to gain extra XP, you should be getting plenty from your judgements already...

2. honestly this ability have been written by someone who does not understand english or rules...
There have been no answer from the developers as far as I know.
So roll with it however seems most logical for you.
Me, I'd say diagonally is fine.
As to duration there are discussion about this as well, some say it's only instantly, so once the ability have resolved the markers are removed once more (there are no markers in hte core game, they didn't make them till Caverns of Cinder), others say 1 turn since otherwise there would be very little reason to mention the markers at all.
Go with whatever seems reasonable to you, but honestly I seem to recall it being good enough without any buffing simply lasting for the time it takes to cast the ability.

3. this is indeed correct

4. well, it depends if you have changed your corruption limit in either direction. but assuming standard corroption limit of 5, then yes.
for further clarification, you can corrupt any number of times during a single turn provided you gain enough corroption. Corroption is instant, so if you don't prevent it through saving throws, then you mutate. you can't gain corruption points, then remove corruption points to get below your limit through abilities and then not mutate.

5. nope. only if you are in possesion of a Tonic which is a saddlebag item that grants 1 grit, or similar items since items can freely be exchanged between characters outside combat and to adjacent characters in combat

6. the intro mission is easier. then I'd say the 6 basic missions are about the same and the missions in the otherworlds are about the same, but still depending on luck you can get some missions be VERY easy and others be extremely hard. it's the danger of elements being random

7. yup, as many as he wants as long as the other hero accept the trade. you can't force them on other characters obviously ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Michael.

A couple further clarifications:

2. Cleansing Fire only lasts for the turn it is cast. If you use markers, it's just to help you plan out your path of attack. Diagonal is fine; I just have Cleansing Fire follow the same movement restrictions as heroes in terms of diagonals and corners and half spaces and such.

5. Grit tokens cannot change hands. Some special hero abilities allow other heroes to gain grit, but that grit comes from the supply - it is not the hero giving away their own git.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
7. I'm not sure but I believe that heroes can not trade money and dark stone.

The unofficial (but only) FAQ says:

Q: Concerning Trading items (p10 wrote:
"Sometimes a Hero will find an Item that they either don’t want or can’t use because of restrictions or the carrying limit. Heroes may give, trade, or even sell Items to other Heroes in the Posse (the Gold sell value of most Items is listed in the lower right corner). A Hero may transfer an Item (or Side Bag Token) to another Hero adjacent to them (or on the same Map Tile if there are no Enemies on the board). The only restriction is that the text or ability of an Item may not be used by two different Heroes in the same turn.")
A: Items to trade are Gear, Artifacts and Side Bag Tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Blot wrote:
7. I'm not sure but I believe that heroes can not trade money and dark stone.

The unofficial (but only) FAQ says:

Q: Concerning Trading items (p10 wrote:
"Sometimes a Hero will find an Item that they either don’t want or can’t use because of restrictions or the carrying limit. Heroes may give, trade, or even sell Items to other Heroes in the Posse (the Gold sell value of most Items is listed in the lower right corner). A Hero may transfer an Item (or Side Bag Token) to another Hero adjacent to them (or on the same Map Tile if there are no Enemies on the board). The only restriction is that the text or ability of an Item may not be used by two different Heroes in the same turn.")
A: Items to trade are Gear, Artifacts and Side Bag Tokens.

What about that makes you think you can't trade $$$/Darkstone? The Q portion (which isn't actually a question so I dunno why this is in Q&A format) is simply the RAW regarding the mechanics of trading items. The A portion is just the Q portion restated. $$$ and Darkstone aren't considered Items, so this section doesn't apply to them.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks for the explanation.
Then Heroes can trade dark stones?

Remember reading in an other post that heroes cant trade money, but i dont find any word in the rulebook about.

Have patience with me, but you know the game better and sometimes i dont understand all everything, in your post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Jason Hill about it right after I got the game back in 2014. He indicated that yes, it's OK for Heroes to trade Darkstone and Money. That's about as official as it gets, currently.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
Quote:
I asked Jason Hill about it right after I got the game back in 2014. He indicated that yes, it's OK for Heroes to trade Darkstone and Money. That's about as official as it gets, currently.

Perfect! This end any discussion.
Thank you for assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two further questions:

While I'm in the Swamps of Jargono with my heroes, if the game tells me to draw a threat card, is it always a Swamps of Jargono threat? Or do I draw those only when another card tells me so (as some of the Jargono encounters do)?

And, I assume that if you have an XL enemy, like the Harbinger, and you have the priest perform that hellfire sermon thing, then you can hit the Harbinger only once, even though it could stand on two of those hellfire tiles at the same time. I mean, it doesn't make sense to me, that such a huge demon would take twice as much damage from that than smaller enemies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orya wrote:
Two further questions:

While I'm in the Swamps of Jargono with my heroes, if the game tells me to draw a threat card, is it always a Swamps of Jargono threat? Or do I draw those only when another card tells me so (as some of the Jargono encounters do)?

If you're in an Otherworld, you always draw Otherworld Threat cards in place of normal Threat cards.

Orya wrote:

And, I assume that if you have an XL enemy, like the Harbinger, and you have the priest perform that hellfire sermon thing, then you can hit the Harbinger only once, even though it could stand on two of those hellfire tiles at the same time. I mean, it doesn't make sense to me, that such a huge demon would take twice as much damage from that than smaller enemies...

You're correct on this. One hit per Enemy, regardless of how much Hellfire you can fit under a single beastie in a single cast.

- Jee

Fun-fact, Be'lial is immune to Hellfire so at least in that case the answer is clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.