Ted Yu
United States
California
flag msg tools
So the title really does say it all? I acquired my copy of this game, but the insert makes organizing very fiddly, and I just got sleeves for it as well (Arcane Tinmen Mediums), and now they're just slightly too tall for me to put the cards into the slot.

Are there custom inserts for SGP! available somewhere? Or am I just out of luck? or am I going to have make my own? .____.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did was take a pair of scissors and simply lengthen the slots, to fit the sleeves. It's not pretty, but unless you usually take your inserts out to admire, it does the job meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got deckboxes and put the cards in them and them in the tin. Its nice to have an insert, but the deckboxes work great and are much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the insert. Once I got my cards separated, it makes it very easy to choose whatever parts of the "meal" I'm building, just following the layout in the player board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the insert doesn't "suck" it just isn't compatible with sleeves. You should have checked before sleeving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
steftymo wrote:
So the insert doesn't "suck" it just isn't compatible with sleeves.
For some people, that sucks!

However this insert is compatible with some sleeves, I used Mayday 56 x 87 MDG-7040 and they fit back into the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Lefebvre
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
Kicking ass since 2003
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just sleeves, my board simply doesn't fit in the tin anymore once the cards are all in the slot. The manual has rounded corners because the tin is slightly smaller than the manual. I really wish companies would stop using those tins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
steftymo wrote:
So the insert doesn't "suck" it just isn't compatible with sleeves.

However this insert is compatible with some sleeves, I used Mayday 56 x 87 MDG-7040 and they fit back into the insert.

Some people said those were too tight. Are they? These are also the thin sleeves. Do you know if the premium sleeves fit back in the insert?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
hudarklord wrote:
mouldybanana wrote:

Some people said those were too tight. Are they? These are also the thin sleeves. Do you know if the premium sleeves fit back in the insert?
Owing to manufacturing defects some sleeves will be too tight to fit, but the majority of the sleeves in a pack will fit (tightly). I find that for tight fitting sleeves the best way to insert the cards is to:

1) insert card about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way into the sleeve or until there's too much resistance

2) turn card upside, rest it vertically on some non-slip surface, then ease the sleeve down over the rest of the card, taking care not to bend the card

Using this method has saved me from sore fingers.

The slots are comfortably sized for thin sleeves. If you used premium (thicker) sleeves I very much doubt they would fit back in. Since I'm not a fan of premium sleeves - because of this very reason, ie in most cases they don't fit back into the insert - I don't have any premium sleeves on hand to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I tried matching premium sleeves and reached two conclusions:

They don't always cover the whole card (there can be a bit of the card peeking out at the top); and the premium card sleeves are too thick to keep the desserts sorted by type.

Thanks for the info.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Burns
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
So the insert doesn't "suck" it just isn't compatible with sleeves. You should have checked before sleeving.

Both things can be true!

The insert is terrible. I'm not having any luck finding custom inserts for it. I am reading someone who sleeved them and put each stack in a bag with its corresponding category card, which I think is a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was me, I bagged my sleeved ones along with their randomizers.

Seems to work pretty well.

edit: my presumption you meant me I guess is weird, since others can and probably have done the same thing But since I did reply to someone on here specifically about that, I'll assume you meant me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.