Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Keeping the Box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I'm tempted to throw out the boxes the game comes with, I mean they look pretty on my shelf (taking up space) but if I want to have my game organized, they feel pretty redundant.

Do you guys keep the box(es)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the number of deluxe and mythos packs expected, no. A Hobby Lobby case or alternative system beckons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The older FFG LCG I keep in their original boxes with Broken Token inserts. If they overfill that, I switch them to to the Artist Case.

With the newer, smaller, FFG LCG I have tried and been unimpressed with the utility of the Broken Token insert. I am giving serious consideration to repurposing a Cards Against Humanity: The Bigger, Blacker Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the core boxes for LCGs, but none of the expansions have boxes worth a damn anymore. Considering the LP-style sleeve to use them for the original campaign guides, and scans of the same laminated and stuck in a binder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the boxes in the back of a closet as part of a stack of empty expansion boxes for other games. My cards are in a BCW Super Shoe (currently fits both my AHLCG and LotRLCG collections.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am keeping the box the base game comes in but to be fair to the thread, I don't plan on buying much more of the game past the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With a little foamcore the original Box becomes a high rider.

It does require a strap when traveling. The lid is overlapping 1cm in order not to loose things while allowing me to have those sweet dividers in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I throw all my unused boxes away. I woke up one day and noticed how much room I was wasting in my house with unused card and expansion boxes. I threw like 50 boxes in the trash that day and cleared out a ton of storage space.

I don't use any of my LCG boxes. I've found them to ultimately be not practical as a long term storage solution for these games without extra work so I just go to binders and BCW card boxes usually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newson Ly
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Dunchwich horror expansion box for Arkham horror to keep the cards and manuals in. It's working great and it doesn't feel out of place at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.