Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » General

Subject: What are you going to do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wondering when we receive the game are you going to look at all the artwork first or will you set up game play and leave it as a surprise as much as possible during play through??

This feels like when I was younger and on a car journey and used to ask "are we there yet?" Is it May yet Tristan?? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bethany
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably quickly shuffle through the art, and then make sure my first game will have sufficient time to sit and really examine the cards as they come up.

After that first game I'll probably go through each card just to see everything because I won't want to leave it to chance that I'll see it all eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So close now guys. We've done about 20 hours of demoing in the last 2 days at Airecon in Harrogate and the reaction to the art and the gameplay has been nothing short of insane.
Thanks so much for the support to everyone who came and to those of you still patiently waiting to play. I'll try to post some more pictures on our facebook page tomorrow too!
Sleep now though... snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sleeve all cards.
2. Play a demo game to learn the rules.
3. Think about stuff...
4. Play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
So close now guys. We've done about 20 hours of demoing in the last 2 days at Airecon in Harrogate and the reaction to the art and the gameplay has been nothing short of insane.
Thanks so much for the support to everyone who came and to those of you still patiently waiting to play. I'll try to post some more pictures on our facebook page tomorrow too!
Sleep now though... snore

You'd better hope the gloom doesn't grow while you sleep. I'll stand guard while you rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I ordered 2 copies. I'm flippin' one of these Mo-Fo's!!

As for the original question. I will let the game reveal the art to me at its own pace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be nice to give my daughter a copy. She has no idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to dive right into playing the game and then enjoy the artwork over a longer period of time as it is slowly revealed to me.

I'm really looking forward to playing Gloom of Kilforth. Not long to wait now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we'll have some neat photos from the factory to show you in the next update. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bethany
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Hopefully we'll have some neat photos from the factory to show you in the next update. cool

Yes, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Not too many though don't want too many spoilers Soooo looking forward to this game.

Ooh also Tristan, did you say that the art is quite far on with 1066 so when you launch the kickstarter we should get the game quicker??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

Not too many though don't want too many spoilers Soooo looking forward to this game.

Ooh also Tristan, did you say that the art is quite far on with 1066 so when you launch the kickstarter we should get the game quicker??

We had about 3% of the art finished by the end of the GoK Kickstarter, we're currently at about 15% of the art complete for 1066 (depending on stretch goal unlocks) and we haven't kickstarted yet, plus 1066 needs less art than GoK. But my funds aren't unlimited so we really need to hit that Kickstarter goal to complete the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

We had about 3% of the art finished by the end of the GoK Kickstarter, we're currently at about 15% of the art complete for 1066 (depending on stretch goal unlocks) and we haven't kickstarted yet, plus 1066 needs less art than GoK. But my funds aren't unlimited so we really need to hit that Kickstarter goal to complete the game.

We will do our best, can imagine most of GOK supporters will back :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed the GoK backers return in droves. 1066 is quite a different beast. But I think once you all see what's in the box for GoK you'll know we've got your backs when it comes to game development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Fingers crossed the GoK backers return in droves. 1066 is quite a different beast. But I think once you all see what's in the box for GoK you'll know we've got your backs when it comes to game development.

I must say that 1066 isn't the game theme that I would usually go for, but I trust that it will be fab. Also you threw in solo surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Solo is great. Definitely a great game to throw down on the table that won't take too long to finish but tests you everytime you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all killin' me. I have sworn off game purchases until I actually have time to play all my unplayed titles.

But now....??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
jokeroz wrote:
And the Solo is great. Definitely a great game to throw down on the table that won't take too long to finish but tests you everytime you play.

That is sure great to know looking forward to it and I KNOW the art is also going to be Fantastic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the gameplay is a lot faster than GoK, and 1066 is steeped in actual historical events, but in any case we have Ania still so I expect you to all turn up sharpish on Day 1!

There may be a GoK backer discount too... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.