Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Insane Hunter & Warded Box relic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan MacLeod
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2-character solo game. Hunter lost her 4 SAN and so was under the rule that "Each turn, the first time you enter a location with no cultist, roll a die: on any sanity loss result, place 1 cultist instead. Ignore all other results."

I'd been making SAN checks on moving into cultist-free locations. But, the Reporter then plays the Warded Box relic, meaning "players need not do sanity rolls".

I decided to interpret that the cultists emerging are part of the Hunter's mental health state, a figment of her imagination, and so, part of the SAN check.

Alternatively, merely a game mechanic and not technically a SAN roll, so the Warded Box relic does not apply.

Any thoughts? I've not seen this posted before, so hope that I played it correctly.

Just scraped a win with 2 player cards left. The above interpretation allowed Hunter to get to same location as the Reporter and get given an Innsmouth clue card to allow her to close the gate next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it incorrectly. The Hunter's madness condition is not a sanoty check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan MacLeod
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out why her insanity can get get cultists to appear. Guess that just rolling the Sanity dice doesn't make it a Sanity check, and p9 lists what is a Sanity Roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cultists recognize one of their own: insane people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan MacLeod
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But only the Hunter and not other insane characters?

In empty spaces, they'd have run away from a sane Hunter, and now they don't.

Interesting thought exercise, but I agree that I played the rule wrong especially as it is not listed on the Sanity check list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.