Hide
7 Posts

Assault of the Giants» Forums » General

Subject: Pictures Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Master Charlemax
msg tools
Can someone who already has this game please post a photo of the giant miniatures (at least the Hill Giants, Fire Giants, and Storm Giants) next to a regular D&D medium size miniature please?

I am pretty sure I want to get this game for the giant miniatures, but knowing that they are rescaled compared to the ones you get in the blind boxes makes me a little apprehensive. If I could see them next to a regular medium size D&D miniature to get a sense of scale, that would make my decision a whole lot easier. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this either, so I think this would help a lot more potential buyers than just me as well.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here's the best I could do. I've never played D&D, so I'm not certain what qualifies as a "regular medium sized D&D miniature". But I did buy some of the minis from the D&D Miniatures Game back in 2004 or so, and they've been hanging around ever since. The D&D figures in the following photo are, from left to right:

Deepshadow Elf (2004)
Half-Elf Hexblade (2004)
Gnoll (2004)
Mountain Orc (2004)
Knights of the Silver Dragon (2004) [A promotional figure from WotC's kids bookclub during the era.]
Achaierai (2004)

Followed by the minis from AotG: Hill Giant, Stone Giant, Fire Giant and King Hekaton

And the figures in this photo are Jotun from Heroscape and King Hekaton from AotG:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you have a comparison between the Booster King Hekaton ad the game King Hekaton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just same your message in the picture thread.

I also added the giant slayer mini that came with the game, it's smaller then the same mini that came with the booster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The booster mini looks exactly like my Premium Edition Hekaton. Are the premium AotG minis different scale than the standard edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
The booster mini looks exactly like my Premium Edition Hekaton. Are the premium AotG minis different scale than the standard edition?

No, the AotG minis (basic and premium) are smaller scale than their D&D booster counterparts, though they used the same CAD-based design for both, which is why they look similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Charlemax
msg tools
Thanks for the pictures you guys. They have been very helpful. I will definitely be getting myself a copy of this game now for sure. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.