Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I've posted an appeal here for fans of Absolute Victory to help out in a crowdsourcing venture. As you may know, there is an optional Mech Tech rule which is hinted at in the rulebook and the countermix. Attached below is a blank grid for the system:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/144741/mech-tech-grid

The instructions should be fairly clear. I'm eager to see a debate or discussion begin on this optional rule, and to see where players would take this rule on their own initiative. Good suggestions will be incorporated into the 'official' version which I will be posting here, and on CSW, and at the Compass Website. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Balint
United States
Cottage Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
To clarify, are you looking for people to fill out the grid you have provided and then provide some rationale as to why we picked the values we did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mbalint wrote:
To clarify, are you looking for people to fill out the grid you have provided and then provide some rationale as to why we picked the values we did?

Exactly -- I think the tank experts would find this a fun exercise. This particular rules module won't be sold for any profit (it will just be posted on websites and downloadable for free).

I'm also interested in the debates it might prompt, when different gamers have different opinions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a neat idea! Looking forward to seeing the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As i mentioned on the download...i think for the game you want dual tracks of firepower and fortitude. When does not matter as much as what. The when will be explained as the counter goes into the random events pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.