Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who is attacking first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay i just see all Ricky royals mage knight videos. But one thing i dont understand is who is attacking first? Sometimes its the player attacking first and other times the first thing the player is going to do is blocking an enemy attack. what determines Who's going to attack first? I've always thinks that the player starts the attack. Am i wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read the rules?

1) Ranged and Siege Attack Phase
2) Block Phase
3) Assign Damage Phase
4) Attack Phase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
There are two attack phases for the player!
One is range/siege attack, which ALWAYS happens as the first combar phase.
If the player does not want to or is not able to produce range/siege attack, the enemy attacks and the player has to block.
After that the normal attack phase for the player begins :-)

Keep in mind: You may ONLY play range or siege attacks in this first phase. If the enemy is "protected" (dunno the english word right now, i.e. sitting in a mage tower or has the symbol) you can only play siege, not range attack... In the normal attack phase you can play any type of attack :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So its not legal to combine both range and siege attack in the first attack round?

And is the first attack always a range attack (Ricky says it in the videos two times)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
So its not legal to combine both range and siege attack in the first attack round?

And is the first attack always a range attack (Ricky says it in the videos two times)

RTFM :-P ;-)

Just kidding...
1. Yes you can combine range and siege attacks, but only if the enemy is not fortified... if it is fortified you can ONLY use siege attack, any other attack does not affect the enemy
2. The first phase of attacking is always range/siege attack. But very often you cannot produce enough or even any range/siege attack, so you just do nothing in this phase (or "skip" it) and start with the blocking phase instead ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.