Subject: Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to wargaming but the theme relates to my culture a lot and has tempted me to purchase. I realised the solo mode is to play both sides. Is there anything more to it? Let's say you try to set up a flank on the surprise on one side, if you play both sides, wouldn't that lack a lot of strategy and surprise element?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the chit-pull activation, you are not sure who is going to be activated. So you can attempt to flank the enemy, but they might get a jump to go first and ruin your plans.

Also, sometimes your troops don't obey your orders. Or other careless chaotic actions of the battle occur.

I've been playing this solo all week, and it's been a blast!

In this particular battle, I thought Tokugawa's B's had the right side covered. But the C-clan of Ikeda Motosuke ran over and tore through their lines. Only one of the B's Ii Naomasa is left. He's pretty bloody too.

Tokugawa, himself came back with a vengeance. Ikeda is exhausted and nearly vanquished. But if the C's cut through Toku's last B. He might get into trouble.

In other words, a lot can happen on the battlefield. So, even solo knowing your plans, it is tense and exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
It does lack the surprise, but as Josh demonstrated, it takes a lot to play one side well because even your best laid plans often don't come out as you'd like them. So playing both sides to their fullest ability is very difficult - and a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.