Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Balint
United States
Cottage Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like the advanced Pearl Harbor rules as it relates to the stationing of the US Pacific fleet.

Unless I am missing something. (a rather large possibility) there is something amiss with the initial set up and US carriers. The US Pac Fleet Rules require 8 BBS and 4 CV's to base at Pearl to avoid negative effects should Japan attack Britain. The set up, however calls for just one US carrier to exist in 1939.

I did some brief research and learned that Yorktown, Wasp and Enterprise launched prior to 1939 with Hornet launching later. I also learned that the fleet went to Pearl in May of 1940, which got me thinking that the rules and the event chits is designed for the fleet to have enough carriers to meet the condition of the rules near but necessarily on the historical timeline.

Is it possible that the US should deploy additional carriers in the initial set up? Also, is it possible that I cocked up something simple? I could use some input either way.

Thanks. I never have had fun playing a game solitaire, until now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the errata?

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/144009/absolute-victory-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Balint
United States
Cottage Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Robert,

I reviewed the errata and I did not see anything regarding US Carriers being part of the at start forces for 1939. Again, I could be looking past it, but I am not seeing it. I reviewed the errata prior to posting too. Can you tell me what I am missing? My apologies for being dense here. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranger begins in the Atlantic. Lexington, Saratoga, Enterprise, and Yorktown start in the Pacific. Wasp and Hornet, I believe, enter by event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.