11 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3rd level tile movement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This tile is divided into 5 rooms (stairs, centre, pit, treasure and throne).
can you move from the stairs to the centre room? Are they adjacent? It seems like most people are playing that way, but I've just noticed there's no steps between these rooms. Which makes me wonder, do you have to go either left or right before getting to the centre room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
The rooms are not connected except the center tile.

You can't go from a room to a room unless you pass through the center
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:

so why would one ever go to the pit room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
JJJBonez wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

To get a couple of easy treasure cards for defeating the monsters in the room, which will help against Malaphyas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
JJJBonez wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Because you want fast and easy kills? We had that in the last game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:

The lines make it look like you can only go from the center to the throne room, but all other rooms are available from the stairs. Note the walls separating the throne and pit room for example, they do not appear between the pit and stairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

To get a couple of easy treasure cards for defeating the monsters in the room, which will help against Malaphyas.
....I suppose. I also suppose that player who needed to do this detour during end game struggled to come 2nd place at best, or was that ahead on xp they didn't need to face Malaphyas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Because you want fast and easy kills? We had that in the last game.
seems less than optimal. Useing a minimum of 3 actions/possibly an entire turn (move there, one feet to kill, move out again) to get 1 xp and a random card. Well played sir.

However, if this is the designers intended gameplay, so be it. The game is very enjoyable. But am I the only one that thinks that maybe the intent is for players to pass through one of these rooms first before entering the center room? Like a mini gauntlet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWorm331 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

The lines make it look like you can only go from the center to the throne room, but all other rooms are available from the stairs. Note the walls separating the throne and pit room for example, they do not appear between the pit and stairs.
This. There's small steps leading to the side rooms from the stairs room. Also, I'm wondering if between the stairs room and the center room (the only part of the center room which has no stair entry), is actually impassable? As if it's a high ledge.

I could be totally wrong and alone, but gameplay wise, this makes more sense. I just want to play the game correctly and this is the only small aspect of the game that's left me scratching my head. If no one else is questioning it, then I guess there's no problem and it's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
JJJBonez wrote:
DrWorm331 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

This. There's small steps leading to the side rooms from the stairs room. Also, I'm wondering if between the stairs room and the center room (the only part of the center room which has no stair entry), is actually impassable? As if it's a high ledge.

I could be totally wrong and alone, but gameplay wise, this makes more sense. I just want to play the game correctly and this is the only small aspect of the game that's left me scratching my head. If no one else is questioning it, then I guess there's no problem and it's just me.

The tile is split on two levels.
The lower level contains the main entrance stairs and the central area.

The central are connects to the upper level via 3 staircases.
What you are describing as small stairs connecting the main staircase area to the side areas on the upper level are in fact the ruined remains of stairs such as the 3 complete ones.
This represents the fact that the access between these areas isn't possible.

Walls have been used to separate the 3 upper areas because there isn't a level change to do that as with the main stairs area.

So you have to access the central area to access any of the upper areas.

Using walls to separate every area and having the whole tile on one level would have been more definitive but I guess they wanted some extra artistic character for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bouncy wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
DrWorm331 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

The tile is split on two levels.
The lower level contains the main entrance stairs and the central area.

The central are connects to the upper level via 3 staircases.
What you are describing as small stairs connecting the main staircase area to the side areas on the upper level are in fact the ruined remains of stairs such as the 3 complete ones.
This represents the fact that the access between these areas isn't possible.

Walls have been used to separate the 3 upper areas because there isn't a level change to do that as with the main stairs area.

So you have to access the central area to access any of the upper areas.

Using walls to separate every area and having the whole tile on one level would have been more definitive but I guess they wanted some extra artistic character for it.
Thanks for clearing this up. I still don't see many players heading to the pit room to sparta kick that one cultist, the detour just doesn't seem worth it. I'll get a few more games under my belt, then maybe it'll come to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.