United States
Ponte Vedra
Florida
flag msg tools
Smile you Son of a B*****!!!
badge
Your going to need a bigger boat....
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or the target market for this game is probably skewing to the older gamers. Why would GMT make the text so small for each unit? Memoir doesn't need text for obvious reasons. This is the one thing again and again as my 42 year old eyes struggle with seeing. Glasses on glasses off glasses on glasses off... Increase the text size by double or triple and pictures would not be affected what so ever. Please GMT fix this I would gladly re-sticker every block.

Thanks,
Jared Orlando

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My eyes aren't what they used to be either. The way I mitigate it by arranging the blocks.

Regular line troops in a block:
B B
B B

Rifle Lt or other specialty troops in a line:
B
B
B
B

Makes it easy to spot them at a glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drew a Line across the top of the LINE Infantry blocks, and the others have little badges.

I recently heard of someone painting the blocks, and I guess that could be done too, at least across the top edge. Some sort of colour scheme to designate the type (or even write the unit code in texta)

EDIT: a sticker set for the block tops would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sduke wrote:
You suggest GMT is Aiming for the older market by making smaller text?

I believe he suggested the exact opposite. He is saying the target audience is the older market. So WHY are they using such small text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Bigger is usually better in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use .25" circular stickers in various colors to distinguish between different unit types within a branch at a glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I painted the French blocks royal blue, instead of the dark cobalt blue that the blocks are produced in, the Portuguese dark brown was hard to distinguish, when the Prussians arrived, that was the final straw, Panzer Grey!?- That's when I went to hobby lobby and got a bottle of Americana true blue, teddy bear medium brown, white-WHITE!, (the Austrians needed work, blue skid marks and all,) and that left the Prussians to be done in black, like the "rays" of the guard's Leibstandard. Work nice. As far as telling who's who., I have painted and sold and wargamed miniatures for so long, ID-ing the boys is second nature, but I can see where this would get real Finniky real quickly for someone without the exposure to the uniforms and kit of the nation's armies. I also play and have collected the ancient series, but unlike the Napoleonic era, my knowledge of ancient troop designations is weak. But I'm learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattG wrote:
My eyes aren't what they used to be either. The way I mitigate it by arranging the blocks.

Regular line troops in a block:
B B
B B

Rifle Lt or other specialty troops in a line:
B
B
B
B

Makes it easy to spot them at a glance.

I do like you with this difference to use less room inside the hexes:

Line (like you) 2/2

Light and all specials 1/2/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.