Subject: Missing piece... I suspect for LOTS of people...!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Blake
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me where the fifth single tile special patch is?

I count only four. This is every punch board that game with my copy and there's nothing else missing. My guess is this run of the game (2014, no edition listed) is missing the fifth single tile patch for lots and lots of people. Unless you're a pretty experienced board gamer, you might never notice it's missing and it could vary into the outcome of the game pretty heavily.

Anyone have this same problem or did your game come with all five single tiles?
I just ended up making my own from one of the white corners of the board but that seems crazy to me to be distributing the game like that.
Thanks
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of your boards are the same -- the one at the far right and the lower right. You'll want to return it or get a replacement for the one you're missing.

You can see the five different boards here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/163412/patchwork/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact Mayfair Games and I'm sure they'll get you sorted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anakinnnn wrote:
Unless you're a pretty experienced board gamer, you might never notice it's missing

Why wouldn't most people notice when setting the game up for the very first time?

(But yes, you clearly have 2 duplicate countersheets by mistake.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Anakinnnn wrote:
Unless you're a pretty experienced board gamer, you might never notice it's missing

Why wouldn't most people notice when setting the game up for the very first time?

(But yes, you clearly have 2 duplicate countersheets by mistake.)

One would think that such an experienced gamer might notice they had a duplicate punch board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Letsplay Another
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Yes, your problem is much bigger than missing a single tile patch. You have a whole slew of duplicate patches. That pretty much makes the game unplayable. I would just return it to where you bought it and get a new copy, if you want a quick fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tflawless wrote:
You have a whole slew of duplicate patches. That pretty much makes the game unplayable.

It's not the intended distribution, but it should certainly still be playable, I would think. What would be broken and not work just because some patches are duplicated?

(To be clear, I agree that OP should request a replacement for the missing pieces, of course. But I do think that meanwhile the game should be perfectly playable.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do NOT return it to the retailer.

Contact custserv@mayfairgames.com and we will get replacement parts to you ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Letsplay Another
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
russ wrote:
tflawless wrote:
You have a whole slew of duplicate patches. That pretty much makes the game unplayable.

It's not the intended distribution, but it should certainly still be playable, I would think. What would be broken and not work just because some patches are duplicated?

(To be clear, I agree that OP should request a replacement for the missing pieces, of course. But I do think that meanwhile the game should be perfectly playable.)

By that reasoning you could also still play chess if your chess set came with 4 rooks and 10 pawns but no knights or bishops. Who would want to do that though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tflawless wrote:
russ wrote:
tflawless wrote:

By that reasoning you could also still play chess if your chess set came with 4 rooks and 10 pawns but no knights or bishops. Who would want to do that though?

I honestly think that of these 2 situations, the impact on Patchwork's play would be far less noticable than the impact on Chess's play, especially at beginner level. You'd still use the same Patchwork strategies and tactics, unlike in the Chess example.

That said, there's nothing wrong with playing Chess variants! There's a whole website devoted to them! http://chessvariants.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blake
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Touche....

In my defense, I actually didn't play the game myself. I bought it for my wife to play with her friends (hence the quilting aspect) and when they sat down to learn it I was just half paying attention and I noticed they were not placing out all five of the special patches which led me to believe they missed punching one out. That's when I was confused about where it was.

Not having played it, I would not have noticed that there was duplicate tiles that didn't belong in the game. All I knew for sure was that there was an entire missing piece that was never printed on the punchboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cockerill
United States
North Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I have two of the same punchboard in my box.

If you go to the Asmodee site, their customer support page for missing pieces lists Patchwork. This may be a better method for getting this resolved than the "email Wayfair" method mentioned a few times on the forum here. I've done both, so I'll report back if I get any success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockwatcher wrote:
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I have two of the same punchboard in my box.

If you go to the Asmodee site, their customer support page for missing pieces lists Patchwork. This may be a better method for getting this resolved than the "email Wayfair" method mentioned a few times on the forum here. I've done both, so I'll report back if I get any success.

Well, you're definitely not e-mailing Mayfair now. Asmodee would be the place to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cockerill
United States
North Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Reporting back. I did receive my missing Patchwork board 5 from Asmodee by filing a report on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.