Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/eclipse-board-game

Eclipse is back at Massdrop. $44.99 + 9.75 shipping if it reaches its lowest price at 40 orders. Otherwise, it'll be five bucks more, which is still a good deal.

Expected to ship April 11.

$64 at Amazon
$74 at Cardhaus
$85 at MM & CSI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowest price shipped... but it's gotta go through Mass Drop

Will ship on April 11 and probably take 2 weeks to get to you. I've ordered 2-3 things from them and have learned my lesson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
What lesson? That it takes a little while to ship?

I think most people would be glad to save $10 and wait a week to get it.

I think Massdrop is pretty awesome. I have bought at least 10 orders from them and yes they can take longer to ship things, but I have always got a good deal and always received my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Green
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:

I think most people would be glad to save $10 and wait a week to get it.

Maybe. But, the expected ship date stated above is a month away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Lowest price shipped... but it's gotta go through Mass Drop

Will ship on April 11 and probably take 2 weeks to get to you. I've ordered 2-3 things from them and have learned my lesson

My Resident Evil Deck Builder bundle shipped on the 28th (The same day the drop ended), and got here the 8th. It wasn't even expected to ship until the 14th. When did you learn your lesson? The last drop I did before that was in October 2014, and it took over a month just to ship because it was shipping directly from the manufacturer, and they decided to prioritize all other orders before Massdrop's large order. Which is why I won't buy any of that company's products ever again. The other two drops I did prior to that took two weeks to ship after the drop ended. Massdrop doesn't always have control of shipping times. If you want to blame someone, you may want to blame the manufacturer.

Edit: I do have at least one complaint about Massdrop. Their previous drops don't show the price. I requested a lot of board game drops, but not actually knowing the price beforehand means I may actually pass when the drop does come back. Which seems silly from a business prospective. I wouldn't request it if the price was too high for me in the past. The other complaint I have, and I'm not positive since I actually haven't tried, but I don't know if you can get more than one of a drop. Like I said, I haven't actually tried but I feel like it would have been obvious when I was placing an order if I could get more than one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
They have stated why they don't keep the prices on old drops. It is very common that when a drop is successful they will do another one in the future. BUT they can't also get things from the same suppliers. This means sometimes the price is higher on a later drop. It would look bad for them to have a drop that is $20 when a week before it was $16. It is usually still a deal in comparison to retail/Amazon, but not as good as what they had before.

You can certainly get more than one thing in a drop. I have done it numerous times and is a part of the check out process. Occasionally, they do set limits on how much you can buy though. I have seen it when they have a very limited supply of something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
They have stated why they don't keep the prices on old drops. It is very common that when a drop is successful they will do another one in the future. BUT they can't also get things from the same suppliers. This means sometimes the price is higher on a later drop. It would look bad for them to have a drop that is $20 when a week before it was $16. It is usually still a deal in comparison to retail/Amazon, but not as good as what they had before.

You can certainly get more than one thing in a drop. I have done it numerous times and is a part of the check out process. Occasionally, they do set limits on how much you can buy though. I have seen it when they have a very limited supply of something.

I assumed that was why they didn't keep the prices. It still would be nice to see what it was last time, to give an indication of what to expect in a future drop. They could put a disclaimer right by the price. That's just my opinion though.

Good to know they do allow multiple quantities. I was eying the Sleeve drop, and definitely would want more than what is listed. I need to research the brand though, I've never heard of Max Protection sleeves before seeing the drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lewis
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DGenerateKane wrote:
I assumed that was why they didn't keep the prices. It still would be nice to see what it was last time, to give an indication of what to expect in a future drop. They could put a disclaimer right by the price. That's just my opinion though.

If it helps any, I grabbed the Eclipse drop last time I saw it there (late January) and the price was the same ($44.99 + $9.75 s/h).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.