Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Purple Faction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Loomis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Played this faction for the first time last night and got crushed in a 3 player game. Opponents were Nordic and Rusviet. Anyone have suggestions to make Togawa work. Their lack of speed killed me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Togawa has won 2 of 3 games we've seen it in, and narrowly came in second ( by 2 points) in the third game.

I've played them once, in a 3 player game vs the Rusviets and the Nordics. Rusviet ended the game with 6 stars, but I won with only 2 stars out. The keys to me winning this particular game were spreading out a lot, getting ahead 1 tier in popularity, and maximizing the structure bonus.

I had spread out a lot, leaving 2-3 traps in out-of-the-way locations just to get control of territories. I upgraded quickly, getting extra movement early. That extra unit of movement let me spread my workers out a bit more, and later build mechs further afield.

This faction is slow to move around, but I just kept steadily moving my units, bit by bit, with the upgraded move action. I was first to the factory, though Rusviet could have beaten me had she tried. The factory certainly card helped with movement. So did tunnels - build your mine early, and make use of tunnels to get around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Togawa Faction Discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Loomis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nice write-up! This seems to be the most difficult faction to play for me. I need to make better use of traps next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kkouet Kkouet
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think most important think with Togawa is positionning because they lack of move speed. They need to put a big pressure on the center of the map and factory. So take territories !

How to positionning :
- use lake, free territories and good position to ambush, if you win a fight in a lake against nordic they can't retreat to an adjacent lake (there isn't 2 adjacent lake), you can play a bonus combat card.

- trap positionning, need to position them on tunnel and around factory, to come back after retreating.

- spread your unit, fighting with 1 unit is good with togawa, when you need to attack, circle your opponent

- try to setup some low power game, trap & togawa are better in a low power game, if you always fight with 1 unit, each time you get 2 power, and this 2 power is more effective if all player have 3-7 power than 12-16.

- try to get a factory card : the 2 move action is a great weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.