Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Duplicates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Baker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer though I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Can there be two of the same unit in the game. Not a named character or God, but a troop unit.
If there are no duplicates of anything allowed then it would seem that a gaming group only need one copy and so long as someone owns an expansion, everyone would have access to the pieces in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burningleaf wrote:
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer though I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Can there be two of the same unit in the game. Not a named character or God, but a troop unit.
If there are no duplicates of anything allowed then it would seem that a gaming group only need one copy and so long as someone owns an expansion, everyone would have access to the pieces in it.

You could, though as many have pointed out the game is meant to be played as no copies of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
It might work with hoplites, Toxotai and such if they are painted differently.

But if not painted, it would get confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say no and part of the game is the draft when you deny your opponent certain units.

Ultimately it's up to you and your group though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't, and I'm quite relieved that this isn't part of the standard game.

I don't like how you never feel like you have enough of certain common units in X-Wing, Heroscape, etc. This avoids that completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Yes, Keith, it is like a boardgame in that your group only needs one copy to play it. That's always assuming you're happy all playing in the same game at the same time. If your group is considering tournament play then you might want to consider your own copies (or at least one per two), as you'd be relying on other people bringining enough copies to allow you to play otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.