Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zombies behnd units, where do they retreat??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
I received this situation on my first basic game.

This was brought about by drawing the Fate card: Lake Effect Zeds, shown here

So I'm not sure what happens here. I did combat and the mayor won thanks to the defence bonus and the kill dozer card, but when the zombies retreat do they initiate combat with the next unit? Does it just go through combat all the way up the line until it gets to an empty space or wins?

Its my first game so if there is a rule about this then I've missed it. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorrax wrote:
I did combat and the mayor won thanks to the defence bonus and the kill dozer card, but when the zombies retreat do they initiate combat with the next unit? Does it just go through combat all the way up the line until it gets to an empty space or wins?

Essentially that's how it works, yes.

Here's a fragment from The A to Zeds Book, page #13:

Quote:
Retreat and More Fighting: Depending on what is causing a Retreat, it is possible that a unit will be forced to retreat into a space with an enemy unit, beginning a new Hand-to-Hand combat. The retreating unit is the attacker in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
Dorrax wrote:
I did combat and the mayor won thanks to the defence bonus and the kill dozer card, but when the zombies retreat do they initiate combat with the next unit? Does it just go through combat all the way up the line until it gets to an empty space or wins?

Quote:
Retreat and More Fighting: Depending on what is causing a Retreat, it is possible that a unit will be forced to retreat into a space with an enemy unit, beginning a new Hand-to-Hand combat. The retreating unit is the attacker in this case.

If the Zeds unit retreats and becomes the attacker in the space with the civilians, it is also possible, if they win the combat, that they may re-advance into the Campgrounds and have to attack the Mayor a second time as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
The Wrong One wrote:
evacbs wrote:
Dorrax wrote:

Quote:

If the Zeds unit retreats and becomes the attacker in the space with the civilians, it is also possible, if they win the combat, that they may re-advance into the Campgrounds and have to attack the Mayor a second time as well!

Yeah "brains" was my next event. Killed my mayor, 3 civilians and pretty much put a mob of zeds next to my town centre. Couldn't come back from that.

I make a point to never go over events or read cards before I start my first game of anything, makes the first game more exciting because you have no idea what is going to happen next which is much more fun! Usually results in me losing though. Fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As a side note, "Killdozer" may only be used when you attack the Zeds (not the other way around).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
As a side note, "Killdozer" may only be used when you attack the Zeds (not the other way around).

Thanks for that clarification. I was unsure about it, but have used it defensively. Guess I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.