Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't get enough of his clever designs so I'm wondering if he is working on something lately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your interest Ken, I'm always working on new games, but at the moment nothing which will be published in the next months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am a member of the unofficial Alexander Pfister fan club and am eagerly awaiting his next game. I'll have to keep myself busy with Great Western Trail until then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also become a big fan since picking up Mombasa and Great Western Trail recently. Really looking forward to his next game (Essen?whistle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexander do you ever have plans for expansions of your games or are your games mostly one and done so to speak. Love all your games but never see expansions for your games so just curious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett, my smaller games got expansions: Port Royal and Oh My Goods each 1 expansion. I'm fine with expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Brett, my smaller games got expansions: Port Royal and Oh My Goods each 1 expansion. I'm fine with expansions.

I have the utmost respect for designers who don't "extract" mechanisms from their original designs and sell them afterwards as overpriced "expansions". Bravo for complete games right out of the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
AlexP wrote:

I have the utmost respect for designers who don't "extract" mechanisms from their original designs and sell them afterwards as overpriced "expansions". Bravo for complete games right out of the box!

I agree though I wouldn't mind more Great Western Trail

Especially some more station tiles. I love me some extra set up variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smith2332 wrote:
Alexander do you ever have plans for expansions of your games or are your games mostly one and done so to speak. Love all your games but never see expansions for your games so just curious?

Broom Service has expansion stuff right in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
fardoche wrote:
AlexP wrote:

There are 2 promo station tiles available here if you can read a bit of French: http://www.plato-magazine.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz B
Poland
flag msg tools
fardoche wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
fardoche wrote:
AlexP wrote:

There are 2 promo station tiles available here if you can read a bit of French: http://www.plato-magazine.com

Unfortunately it is hard to get them. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Thanks for your interest Ken, I'm always working on new games, but at the moment nothing which will be published in the next months.

Alexander, are there likely to be any big box games designed by you coming at Essen 2017? (I think 'Gier' may be releasing then as well as the Isle of Skye expansion both of which I'll be checking out but I love Great Western Trail, Mombasa, Isle of Skye, Port Royale and was hoping I'd be able to pick up your latest big box offering there this year!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: Sorry, no (and Gier is very light just push your luck and fun).
Hopefully something 2018 but nothing signed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep a bit of my Essen 2017 money aside for 2018 just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Turner
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmb
AlexP wrote:

Do you have plans to generally release the 5th Mombasa company track, I've played this game many times but we have no access to the special edition thus unable to use the E board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@Ian: Thats the decision of the publisher. Maybe they change their opinion, but they told me once that they wanted it to keep exclusive for the buyers of the wooden box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:

Another fan here in Australia. Any news on games signed we can look forward to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard, Greetings to DownUnder
There is still not much to announce yet. However there will be one this year, where the publisher will be using kickstarter to realize it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
There is still not much to announce yet. However there will be one this year, where the publisher will be using kickstarter to realize it.

Those are interesting news. Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:

Greetings to UpOver :-)

Very interesting to hear, especially that it will be a Kickstarter. Can only hope they have reasonable shipping to the Antipodes.

Do you have any suggestion as to the best way to be alerted to announcement of launch?

Also, do you know if their intention is for it to be available in retail after the Kickstarter, or Kickstarter only? I realise these questions might be beyond what a designer can answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
norkle wrote:

Do you have any suggestion as to the best way to be alerted to announcement of launch?

I can post it here, so just subscribe to this thread. Of course there will be a BGG entry at some point. No further infos as it is a work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, thanks !

Can we expect a game like Mombasa/GWT in term of heaviness ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not the one on kickstarter. It will be a medium heavy game with lots of cards illustrated by the fantastic Andreas Resch, who also did an amazing job with Great Western Trail! It will have a smaller board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also - GWT expansion! Wooooooohoooo!!!

Now just to convince the publisher to include the previously released promo station master tiles and buildings in the English version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashman88 wrote:
Now just to convince the publisher to include the previously released promo station master tiles and buildings in the English version...

Agreed! Great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.