Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my wife and I broke out the game tonight, excited and eager to play, only to discover that we have a missing card when attempting to set up the first scenario. We're missing card #117 (14/16 in the scenario). Should we try to play anyway or are we dead in our tracks.

Very frustrated.

Edit: Is there some way to get a scan of this card, since it's a scenario card and we (I don't think) have to shuffle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that's Lita. You might want to check and see if you mixed her into your player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a magic spell on this box, and it happened to me. Here's the steps to break the spell.

1. Fail to find card 117.

2. Come here and learn that it is Lita, and it is in there, and it's not in the "bad" cards its in the player deck cards.

3. Go back and find it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will have the card in the game. They just hid it to make sure everyone joins BGG to read the FAQ, errata and ask some rules questions after happily discovering they weren't missing the card. whistle

But for reference (click on the page for the blur effect to go away):
https://arkhamdb.com/card/01117
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing Card (Lita Chantler 117 14/16)
Encounter card 117
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
Pretty sure that's Lita. You might want to check and see if you mixed her into your player cards.

We carefully checked every single card, because we had heard they tend to stick together.

It's missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

We carefully checked every single card, because we had heard they tend to stick together.

It's missing.

It's not missing. It's in the player deck (the blue/black backing). Honest. FFG just trying to mess with your sanity before you even start playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
KnobleSavage wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

It's missing.

It's not missing. It's in the player deck (the blue/black backing). Honest. FFG just trying to mess with your sanity before you even start playing

You're right... went back and looked through all the player cards, and there it was... sigh.

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
yogibbear wrote:
KnobleSavage wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

It's missing.

You're right... went back and looked through all the player cards, and there it was... sigh.

Thanks for the help.

No worries there's like 10 other threads on here of other people making the same mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't mind these threads. It's a common mistake. What I don't like is people arguing that it really isn't there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlonk wrote:

I don't mind these threads. It's a common mistake. What I don't like is people arguing that it really isn't there.

I choose to believe it actually isn't there until they come here and say that. This game has a hex on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find that card in my core set box either.

When I first received the game I eargerly took it to my study and started sleeving the cards, sorting and checking the numbers on them as I went.

There was no sign of this 'Lita' anywhere.

Then I heard a noise coming from my parlour. "Strange", I thought, "I don't even have a study, let alone a parlour".

It all got very weird after that.

And now I'm homeless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Boulter
United Kingdom
Bristol
UK
flag msg tools
badge
knowledge is power
mbmbmbmbmb

Moving to Dunwich anytime soon?

Just a guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel an odd sort of pride that I didn't make this mistake, but it's so common I'm surprised that nobody has made a 'Looking for Lita' or '#117' BGG badge yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimush wrote:

Just a guess...

Me?

I thought about it. The university seemed nice, but far too many rats in the speakeasy. Going to check out the museum next, but have already booked my ticket on the next express train out of there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Rimush wrote:

Just a guess...

Me?

I thought about it. The university seemed nice, but far too many rats in the speakeasy. Going to check out the museum next, but have already booked my ticket on the next express train out of there.
Don't leave too soon, I hear the circus is coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
No worries there's like 10 other threads on here of other people making the same mistake :)

We really need a sticky feature on these forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not missing a scenario card.lol but i think did accidentally throw out the setup instructions for the miskatonic museum mythos pack. i just took the pack of cards out and tossed the plastic insert, which must have contained the instructions? anyway, sent an email to ffg to see if i can get a pdf or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdr layman wrote:
I'm not missing a scenario card.lol but i think did accidentally throw out the setup instructions for the miskatonic museum mythos pack. i just took the pack of cards out and tossed the plastic insert, which must have contained the instructions? anyway, sent an email to ffg to see if i can get a pdf or something.

Have a look at FFGs site - I've not checked but I'm sure someone posted a week or so ago that the Miskatonic Museum rules/setup were being made available as a PDF on their site.

You're not the 1st person to do that and you won't be the last!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
yogibbear wrote:
KnobleSavage wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

It's missing.

Thanks for the help.

I hit the same issue. The instructions could have been clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bartosch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cmdr layman wrote:

Yeah, it's on the FFG site as part of the "Dunwich Legacy Campaign Guide". With every MythosPack out there they just add the instructions to the file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.