Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heroes Hiding in the Basement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I think I've seen in the rules and forums that when a monster is trapped in the basement, the traitor can go through the tiles and find the basement stairs tile to use it.
Does the same apply if the heroes are in the basement and the monster is on the ground level trying to get down and there is no way down?
That's how we ended up playing it last night but I couldn't find it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The monster should be able to use any route down that the heroes have.

The only exception I could see is a mystic elevator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
zayzayem wrote:
The monster should be able to use any route down that the heroes have.

The only exception I could see is a mystic elevator.

Mystic Elevator is how one hero got in the basement. So how do the monsters get down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a scenario like this. We found a rule or errata that the monsters were allowed to place the downstairs landing to allow them access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Mat628 wrote:
I had a scenario like this. We found a rule or errata that the monsters were allowed to place the downstairs landing to allow them access.

Do you know where this is? I see in the rules if monsters are trapped in the basement they can get the tile. I mean I agree with you but it would be nice to see it officially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It's on page 11 of the official FAQ found here:

Quote:
Add the following rule: "If there is no possible way for a monster in the basement to reach heroes on upper floors, or for a monster on the upper floors to reach heroes in the basement, the traitor may on his turn go through the Room stack until he finds the Stairs from Basement tile and put it into play next to any open basement doorway." This rule does not apply if the scenario allows monsters to explore new rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.