Brian Downs
United States
Northern
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of this game and my best friend who lives in another state wants to play with me.

Question: If we both purchase a copy can we play it together either on the phone, text, or Skype?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. Even if only one of you had a copy and that person was the designated "reader" it would work out fine as well. The game is much more about talking, bouncing ideas off of each other, deducing the solution, than it is about the physical components of the game. It would be helpful if the second person had access to the game map, but not absolutely crucial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you could definitely play over the phone or via Skype - hope you enjoy it when it hits the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam has a program called Tabletop Simulator for a charge ($10-20) and once you have it, you can download the first 3 cases to play. Also, there was an old PC program that did the first cases and you can pay to download each case on Steam or all 3 for a discount. Programs on Steam go on sale, so if you do not need it ASAP, you can put it on your wishlist and they will tell you when it has a discount to buy.

If you want to play over Skype, it would be best for all sites to have a copy of the game. But I guess it would be possible to play with just one site having it, and play cooperatively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Downs
United States
Northern
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the helpful replies! I'm looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Johnson wrote:
Steam has a program called Tabletop Simulator for a charge ($10-20) and once you have it, you can download the first 3 cases to play.
Is that "legally". I'm not sure the rights to produce electronic versions of this game have been made available. Plus, it may be the old version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb

For what it's worth, there was an MS-DOS version of the original version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.