Subject: Odd Don Santiago timing question re: Whirlwind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, we ended up saying "no" to this potentially epic scenario, because it seemed that fit the rules better.

Don Santiago was mid-Whirlwind with expanded range hitting the Mast and the Rigging Lines and a lane of crew (while standing on the Rigging Lines themselves), when I rolled to target the Rigging Lines and wiped them out. The rulebook suggests that attacks have an order of operations:

1) Target
2) Roll
3) Response Tide Cards/Reactions
4) Resolve Damage
5) Gain Coin

But would destroying the Rigging Lines as my first Targeted Zone of Whirlwind immediately let me move up to 5 Zones? If so, could I Whirlwind all Zones in range, destroy the Rigging Lines last, move up to 5, and continue to Target additional Zones that are now within 2? Because that would be pretty epic. It saddened me deeply that we decided no, so I'm just looking for some emotional support that I made the right decision.

Otherwise that's my new Don Santiago strat: Spin to Win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Brind
msg tools
mbmbmb
its one action you use to attack with whirlwind.
all attacks in this action happens at the same time. so there is no order for your zones.
first resolve all attacks (you could use different colored dice for each zone and roll them at once. than look which zone has which Color.
or roll seperatly and just think they are rolled with one roll)
your action is over so no more attacks for whirlwind
now you get benefit from rigging line and move, coins, vp, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't continue the attack. But if you're playing Spin to Win, I believe the following is legal (but crazy) because the attacks are simultaneous:

1. Activate Don Santiago.
2. Use Whirlwind to attack multiple zones containing Crew, or one zone containing Crew and a crippled Objective.
3. Play the card that gives the attacking Hero 1 coin per Hit.
4. Generate a lot of coins.
5. Play the card that allows you to give the same number of coins to another Hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alf, I suppose I was taking "Roll separately for each Zone" a tad bit too literal, eh?

Chet, I guess I'll just have to live with that then cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.