Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it obligatory to use the action of the token?

Can I do a "null" action?

Let's say I want to force the game out to a "normal" ending.
Could I use the smuggler conspiracy tokens but not use them in order to prevent the depletion of the dice pool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: no.

Long answer: As per 5.3 "All counters in a chosen conspiracy circle should be placed according to the following rules." There are no rules that allow for the discarding of unwanted conspiracy circles as per 5.3.x except in the rare instance where there is no legal zone for a Smuggler to be placed in. HOWEVER it's worth noting that during Opium Wars (see 6.2.3 bullet 4), British Influence CAN be discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted the game to end in a "natural" way, as I had the most points in prizes.

We had only 5 dice in the dice pol and when the beginning of turn 4 came, 6 conspiracy spaces had Smugglers.

I finally was able to place a smuggler in a supply chain and then a ship of my own to complete the chain and thus putting back 2 dice in the dice pool, preventing a game end where we would calculate the number of pieces in the board.

I got lucky. But that's why I was asking about a "null" action with conspiracy tokens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.