Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo It says start with the number of board sections equal to the number of players. But it also says each section must touch two others, which is impossible if you only use two board sections at start. So do you start with two or three board sections for a Two Player game?

(Didn't see an answer on the boards or in the files).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, if the "Discovery Scenario" setup shown on page 5 is any indication of the official ruling, you would place two tiles for a two-player game.

Note that the Discovery Scenario instructs the 2-player game to be setup with the "Valley" and "Cove" tiles only. That's all the confirmation I would need that the "must be adjacent to two tiles" rule doesn't apply for a two-player setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool Hey, I didn't notice that. Good old Barry! Sometimes in quickly checking a rule during a game, as in this case, I don't always remember to read over the examples--especially since, in this case, I haven't used the starter 'intro' set ups. Of course in many a game rules book, the examples actually contain additional information. Its not the way I would write them, but it certainly happens a lot; I suppose to save space.

Anyone else?

PS: Weighing in on the Two Player Controversy: after my first 2P game ended very quickly and decisively, I had my doubts about the viability of the Two Player. However, since then the next three Two Players have been more fun. So I now say it plays well, however is generally a shorter game, which is fine. I also note that in my last Two Player, there were nine board sections out. That's a bigger board than I've ever had with my Three Players (I haven't done Four Players yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have a video series for Inis in a week or two, being spring break and all means I am not behind the camera.

It is 1 board per player, so yes a 2 player game is two boards and any future explores must touch two board sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

chas59 wrote:
Of course in many a game rules book, the examples actually contain additional information.

This is one of my three pet peeves in board gaming! Drives me nuts. Some publishers are notorious for embedding core rules inside their examples (i.e., that's the only place you'll find that rule). But the games are usually good enough that it becomes a moot point.

chas59 wrote:
However, since then the next three Two Players have been more fun. So I now say it plays well,however is generally a shorter game ...

Yeah, once both players are familiar with the cards the game takes on a whole new, richly deep quality to it. Yet it is still relatively short compared to other games of the same experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.