7 Posts

Legendary: Noir» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on Hidden Heart of Darkness Scheme? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, granted I have only played this scheme one time, but on my very first attempt I beat it (with Stryfe as Mastermind) in 6 turns while playing solo.

Beginners luck or lame scheme? I have never done this before where I beat a scheme in 5 minutes. Took me 3 times as long to set up the game as it did to actually play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Hidden Heart of Darkness Scheme lame?
Set up and luck always factor in on how easy or hard every game of legendary is. In this case you took a low fight mastermind ( 7 fight I believe Stryfe is) and were lucky enough to get to that fight early in the game. Try this scheme using Apocalypse or other higher fight mastermind.

Winning in 6 turns isn't so bad. I've lost Save humanity scheme on the first turn. Now there's a real kick in the teeth.

I do believe that this scheme is on the easier side of the difficulty scale of the game. But I have found it to be very fun and you should give it few more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Ahewlett notes, I would pick a higher cost Mastermind to make it more difficult. With such a wide variety of card in Legendary, some setups will be easy, and some crazy tough.

On a side note, I wonder if this scheme would be fun with Mysterio? Would you shuffle the Master Strikes back into the Villain deck on a Scheme Twist? I think you would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody else tried this scheme? I am genuinely interested to know if this is a solid and balanced scheme or simply one of the throw away ones.

Thanks for any additional feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor O'Neil
msg tools
I'm about to try with Mysterio, 3 players. I'll let you know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor O'Neil
msg tools
honourconeeel wrote:
I'm about to try with Mysterio, 3 players. I'll let you know hoiw it goes.

Victory, but it got real dicey, real fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Brodrick
msg tools
mbmbmb
honourconeeel wrote:
honourconeeel wrote:
I'm about to try with Mysterio, 3 players. I'll let you know hoiw it goes.

Victory, but it got real dicey, real fast.

What did you do with the Master Strikes? Do you just have them enter the city like a regular villain card, just with the same attack points as the mastermind but no other text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.