Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tink's Spiderbot Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Meriac
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Tink is the Gearloc that most interests me. I love the idea of building an ally to do the fighting for me. But before the battle even begins, I have a question, and it concerns the Build dice.

What if the roll isn't what I want?

For example, I roll the Build 1.0 Die before battle and it's result doesn't get me the desired attachment, the rules state that I have to wait for battle to re-roll it. So, during my turn, can I spend a Dex before I do anything else, re-roll the Build Die, set its orientation (this time getting me the attachment I want), spend another Dex to deploy the Bot, then finally attack?

I know this is very nit-picky, but getting that Spiderbot out there with an awesome attachment first turn seems like it can be crucial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gerba
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I do not know if this is true, but I remember them saying something about skill dice. If you do not like the roll that you roll (on a skill die), you can place it back in its slot to roll NEXT TURN. There are a few die results that force you place it in the bones slot, but other than that, I do not think you have to exhaust your die if you do not keep the result. But I do believe you have to wait for the next turn to reroll the skill.
(please correct me if I am wrong)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Grieves
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I read from Tink's sheet, it says:

"In battle, you may roll or re-roll a Build Die (1 Dex cost) to allow for new Attachment options."

Watching the tutorial video on Tink, I believe this is how it was described as well. You can roll and re-roll the Build Die as many times as you have Dex to allow once in battle.

I am also assuming that first roll of the Build Die prior to battle costs no Dex? It doesn't specifically state it costs Dex like the "in battle" statement.

I had one game where I had to re-roll 4 times just to get the one Attachment I had. lol Wasn't a very good use of my dex but really emphasizes that risk vs reward/push your luck aspect in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.