5 Posts

Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule 7.3.4 River hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Posner
Australia
flag msg tools
If an army enters a enemy controlled river hex for the first time, and it chooses not to attack that turn, on the following turn would the passive player receive the river defence bonus?

The reason I ask is that rule 7.3.4 refers to a "newly contested river hex" and later refers to "the first time infantry combat is resolved" as conditions for river defence. I am not sure if "newly contested" means only the turn the hex was entered, or if "first time infantry combat" means the first combat no matter when it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Feuchtwanger wrote:
or if "first time infantry combat" means the first combat no matter when it happens.

This is correct.

A hex that is newly contested in, say for example, turn 2 could have combat resolved providing the passive player a one time bonus.

That same hex could become vacated through play then contested again in a later turn, say for example turn 7. The hex is again considered newly contested thus the defensive bonus would apply again the first time infantry combat is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Posner
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

My friend and I have been battling our way through the early scenario several times now (I'm the Allies) and are enjoying your game a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soon Louis
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AP move in to a river hex occupied by CP but does not attack. What if the CP player decides to attack in his phase, does the AP get the river terrain advantage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
SLouis39 wrote:
The AP move in to a river hex occupied by CP but does not attack. What if the CP player decides to attack in his phase, does the AP get the river terrain advantage?

In your example there would be no bonus. To receive the bonus you must control the hex and the Allied player does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.