Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened during tonight's game. The Brute character, in our group, fulfilled their life goal and unlocked the sun class. Then I looked at my life goal and it shows the same symbol for mine. I was just wondering if I continue to go for mine, even though it won't unlock anything, or pick a new goal now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
geobaldi5 wrote:
This happened during tonight's game. The Brute character, in our group, fulfilled their life goal and unlocked the sun class. Then I looked at my life goal and it shows the same symbol for mine. I was just wondering if I continue to go for mine, even though it won't unlock anything, or pick a new goal now.

You can't pick a new goal. If you complete a goal that would unlock an already unlocked class, you get a random item design and random side scenario instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
when you unlock a class that is already unlocked, you get a random side scenario and an random item design instead, also you add events to the event decks based on your retired character and read the town records.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pg 48
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Drzewiecki
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, this question was also on my mind during rules read.
So mainly when such a situation happens I will not be able to retire my character? Or there is sth in the town record actually? (haven't open that yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
drzewko wrote:
Okay, this question was also on my mind during rules read.
So mainly when such a situation happens I will not be able to retire my character? Or there is sth in the town record actually? (haven't open that yet)

You still retire your character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morgan
United Kingdom
Grays
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because you unlock a class doesn't mean you need to pick it. If you unlocked a different class on retiring you could pick the same class you were already playing, in your case you could also pick the brute or another starting class that no one is playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And there are situations when you HAVE to pick an old class.
Not all retirement goals unlock classes.
So playing with four players could easily resolve in being forced to play an already used character.

I would be cool if all retirement unlocked new classes but that would be impossible as there are a finite number of classes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.