David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see these in the latest FAQ so...

1) When Lightning Storm moves to a random location, does that include closed locations?

It's a moot question for my last game because I rolled a 4 on the first try, but just wondering. It started the turn in a closed location (because the character closed the location on the same turn they encountered the Lightning Storm) so I wondered if it could move to one. I would think not but not sure.

2) the Quicksand barrier that shuffles your character token into the location deck. How do people do that? Shuffle with their eyes closed? If so, if you shuffled it onto the top of the stack, is the effect immediately over? And what IS the effect of having your character token card in the location deck? I am pretty sure I saw somewhere you can't move to another location (which makes sense). Can you still take the rest of your turn normally?

Thanks,
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you enjoyed your game. Here's to your questions:

1) Yes, includes closed locations, the card would explicitly tell you to forego closed locations. I tend to roll a 4 here all the time as well.

2) From the rulebook: Some cards require you to shuffle your character token into a location deck. You shouldn’t know where your token card is while you are shuffling. When your token is examined, encountered, or would be returned to the box or removed from the game, remove it from the location deck and place it at that location. While your token is in a location deck, you may explore, encounter cards, and play cards; you cannot move, and you must evade any banes you encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding both rulings.

Glad to hear Lightning Storm isn't too much of a bother, in the playtest I was worried it was too harsh a barrier this early in the game.

There was some discussion on the Paizo forum about shuffling your token into the location deck. You don't have to go as far as re-sleeving the card (although you can if you use sleeves and you want to do that). The point is, don't deliberately shuffle your token to the top of the deck (for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a harsh barrier, especially when it shows up early and refuses to go. Once some locations are closed there's a good chance it ends up there and stays there.

Not as bad as that rolling stone from adventure three though, forgot the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to shuffle your token into a location would be to roll a d12 and just put it at that spot. For example, you roll a 3, so your character token is the third card down. Reroll if you roll a number more than would be cards in the deck and if you already know something about card locations in the deck, shuffle it before rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.