Cameron

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mb
I've been trying to follow examples of play to help me learn the game. Question about movement points (MP) in this article.
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=10631#more-10631

Toward the top of the article it says "Not wanting to attack across the Ia Drang (Drang River) which would incur a +1 DRM, the PAVN player moves across the river (which isn’t an impediment to movement) and next to the FWA units for 6 Movement Points (MPs)."

This movement puts the PAVN units in hex 1119. How did they get there with only 6 MPs? Hexes 1020 and 1119 are mountain jungle, which have movement cost of 4. Going that route would be a total of 8. Hex 1120 is dense jungle, which has movement cost of 3. Going that route would be a total of 7. What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think they are forested hill. 3 mp

The really dark brown is mountain jungle eg hex 1022
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Per the terrain effects chart, hexes 1020 and 1119 are Forested Hill, which only cost 3 MP to enter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mb
OK I see the difference now. Thank you! Forested hill example on the TEC is almost completely filled brown...and my (overworked) brain didn't match that up with the partially filled style in 1020 and 1119.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.