Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Walker
United Kingdom
DERBY
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this game and was amazed at how well it plays. Took a couple of goes to get my head around everything, but I think I have it now.

Except...... I watched the playthrough on TableTop and when Brea wanted to KO a wound for her Hulk's ability and she didn't have one in her hand, Will said you can KO the wound from your hand or your discard pile. The rules on the card state that you discard from your hand.

So my question is what is the correct rule? Did Will play a house rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the card you are talking about is "Unstoppable Hulk", if that is true, you may want to re-read the text on the card, as it states:
You may KO a Wound from your hand or discard pile. If you do, you get +2 Attack.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Walker
United Kingdom
DERBY
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks

I didn't actually look at the card I was going on what was said in the video. If that's the case then that explains it.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing from the video that Is a house rule was that they played with the mastermind tactics face up so they knew what effect they would get before they fought him. The tactics should be face down and you only reveal one after you fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAURICIO FLORES
Bolivia
centereach
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should see Rodney Smith's (Watch it played) video of this game. He explains it relly well and you can see a full game.

Will Weaton's videos are great to get the feel of the game, and he is usually not good with rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mdeflo wrote:
Will Weaton's videos are great to get the feel of the game, and he is usually not good with rules.

Which is ultimately why I had to stop watching Table Top. I couldn't handle watching them get several rules wrong every episode heh

On the other hand, Rodney's the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Table Top is an entertainment show, not a "Walk Through" or "How to Play" and should be watched as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
mdeflo wrote:

Which is ultimately why I had to stop watching Table Top. I couldn't handle watching them get several rules wrong every episode heh

On the other hand, Rodney's the best!

To their credit, they did fire the original person that was in charge of reading the rules and keeping the show on track regarding those rules. While they're still making errors, they have improved drastically in the last season and this new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Table Top is an entertainment show, not a "Walk Through" or "How to Play" and should be watched as such.

Exactly this.

Wil was aware of the rule reputation the show was getting so this latest season, IIRC, they stated that one of the requirements to use a game on the show was that the maker of the games they play needed to be onsite to cover the rules. I probably wont be 100% perfect but, as mentioned above, that is not the point of the show so I take rules errors with a grain of salt and remind myself that there has yet to be a single game that I have not gotten a rule wrong at some point.

mdeflo wrote:
you should see Rodney Smith's (Watch it played) video of this game. He explains it really well and you can see a full game.

Fully agree with this too. Watch It Played is the best way to learn how to play. Great production value and very thorough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.